Soon to be my new Motorbike!!!

GoldenMotor.com

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
The old 10 speeds are ideal for a HT. You can fit your 26" rear wheel then use some modern MTB forks and brakes for the front. A coaster rear wheel would be ideal.

These old steel frames are what HT engines were designed to fit.

The crank spindle might be a bit short but its an easy fix.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I saw the dude in his house, pointed, and he waved it away, sayin take it. lol, I made sure I wasn't stealing it. ha ha. So, I have fixed the bike, and first ride, smooth, silent, and oh man, does it ever respond when you push on those pedals! I was in hard gear PEDALING uphill!!! I was in shock. Lol, when the engine is installed, It's going to be very fast! Bike weighs nothing too, I can't believe they threw this out! I found another throw out that is in way worse shape. Lol, It's a womans 10 speed, but I figure it's extra parts, since I haven't any for this type of bike. As for the pedals hitting the engine, what can I do about that? If it happens. I'm starting the build in about 10 mins, I don't plan to pedal much, it's all engine for me, so if I can just bend the pedal arms slightly to fit, would that work? lol. I don't really want to do that. It's all original parts on this bike, every part is metal stamped, pedal arms, derailer, handlebars, frame, etc. Anyways, How can I fix the hitting pedal problem if it happens?
I'm not trying to spend any money. lol

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
My first build war a 27". the only problem is the peddle hit the motor but that looks like a steel crank arm so it will bend easier than aluminum. and you are going to fly fly

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Ok guys, here's what I've done so far. It's been a long build. Issues all the way. But, I think I'm working out the kinks here, just stopped for some food. been going 3 or 4 hours straight on this build so far. Lol, I hope I have that sprocket straight! Can't pedal all the way around, the left pedal needs to be bent, other pedal clears by like 2mm. lol. So I can pedal 80% of the way around. Good enough for now. Mounted without frame adapter, like it's supposed to, and I used leather belt on the motor mounts to dampen a ton of whatever vib this thing's gonna experience. I need to put a spacer nut on the rear left axle. The chain rubs on the frame, with the spacer, it should be fine. It seems fine when I pull on the frame a bit, so a spacer would make sense. :) It's coming along fine, I may not even need new fuel line, I just need to move the tank back towards the seat for now, and I've yet to change over the handlebars. It's coming though. :)

Attachments

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Well, I have to say. This bike is FAST! Holy crap. I'm so impressed! A little bit of vibration, but not an intrusive amount. Very tolerable. Here is a link to a video. My clutch won't lock anymore, so I had to put the phone in my pocket for stopping. Really good video though, Hope you like it! Thank you everyone for your comments and support with this build. I'm very proud of it, and a lot of that pride comes from your reactions. So Thank you. Ride hard, Live free. :) VID2000165.flv video by ADDICTED-BICYCLE-CUSTOMS - Photobucket

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
The bike is holding up well. I give it full throttle now and then, just to have some fun, but for the most part, I just cruise it. :) I'm very happy with this build, and I would recommend to you all, build a 10 speed racer bike with an engine. You won't be disappointed. I promise. :)