Creative Engineering Turnaround Time

GoldenMotor.com

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
I got a measurement of 1.530" off my hub. Does that sound right for a Shimano CB-110 coaster brake?
I don't know about Shimano hubs, but that's real close to what my coaster brake hub measured. You're in the ball park! My hub measured at 1.535" ± 0.010" as it was hard to measure with spokes in the way. It may seem like a large margin of error on my part, but it is insignificant in the long run. I know people who are absolutely die hard on their measurements, but I like a small margin of error to work with. Its nothing a piece of tape can't fix.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Down South,

I love your signature!

Mark Twain had some good quotes:

Here they are just for fun :D

Mark Twain:

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Mark Twain

Jim

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Yep, Mark Twain is an American Hero for sure. The great thing about Twain was he was critical of everything and everyone, including himself. A great deal of insight and perception, makes people grin. Thanks for sharing that.

Last edited:

zztinker

Jul 8, 2008
Central California
Mark Twain meant two fathoms or, twelve feet of water which was considered safe water. On the old steam boats that Samuel Clemens Captained they measured the water sound with a string and a weight to determine depth. “Mark Twain, clear waters ahead”.....

MyrmidonJuan

May 3, 2009
xxx
I've had a lot of emails and phone calls about the engine mount. It works really well!!! This is a work in progress though, and until a universal design is finalized I will have no additional info to offer regarding the engine mount.

I will be making several hundred engine mounts before I release any more information about this product. The Sprocket adapters & Sprockets taught me a lesson! I made 250 Clutch Actuator kits prior to advertising them. Pack & Go is a wonderfull thing to keep customers happy.

The engine sprockets are not even close to the correct geometry for use with a roller chain. I have sourced the correct tapered reamer for the sprocket bore, and I will be offering these in steel. No more binding...popping, and snapping!!!

I've got a really cool design for a dual pull/dual action brake lever...It will be standard issue for all MB's

The design ideas don't stop! I can go hard at it for 12 hours...then I'm done! I'll have inventory on all these items, one product at a time.

Jim
Wait...so we're getting new engine mounts, new drive sprockets, AND a new lever?!?

What exactly do you mean that the engine sprockets are not even close to the correct geometry for use with a roller chain? My dad was suggesting I file the teeth down a bit, is this along the same lines of what you're saying?

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Down South,

I love your signature!

Mark Twain had some good quotes:

Here they are just for fun :D

Mark Twain:

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Mark Twain

Jim
DAMMIT Jim! After reading these I'm going to have to dig out my well worn old VHS tape of "Life on the Mississippi!" Well I'm not really mad, but I LOVED his sayings. Kids at work ask me how we are going to ever get done by closing, I always say "By Push and Enterprise" They look at me in the oddest ways...