Threw my kit in the trash!

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I took that piece of crap and threw it in the trash. I guess my motorized biking days are over! Anyone want good tip. you get what you pay for! I can tell you that the kit started with an S. I dont wanna say anything bad about the company. I dont think it was there fault. But it did suck.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2013
RI
My drive shaft broke put me in the dirt on my bumblebeebolton! I took that piece of crap and threw it in the trash. I guess my motorized biking days are over! Anyone want good tip. you get what you pay for!
...you think Babe Ruth gave up baseball the first time he broke his bat?

...you fall off the horse, you get back on, ...and if you gotta shoot her 'cause she's got a broke leg, ...you shoot her and go get another horse.

...if your motorized bicycling days are over that's on you dude, ...setbacks are either learning experiences or they are failures, the choice is yours.

...and yeah man, you get what you pay for.

peace, bozo

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I would agree with Bozo.

Just about every day, I fiddle with my bike. If I wanted something easier, I'd get a scooter or a motorcycle (got them both). I like the bike because I love to tinker.

If you get pissed off that easily, this is not the hobby for you. Don't give up that easily. I would hate to see you build a model plane or something.

Keep at it, bro. You'll be fine. Just remember. You're doing better then the Magic right now!!!

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I would agree with Bozo.

Just about every day, I fiddle with my bike...
I seem to remember someone here in the forum touting the bumble bee bolt on as the best thing going, rock solid and indistructable? LOL

I kinda felt the same way about my HT 2-stroke when I first started out, it seemed I had to fiddle with something every ride. In the middle of the first season I finally tossed the chain tensioner in the trash and started running #41 chain with no tensioner, that eliminated one of the biggest offenders. After the first year I ripped the bike apart, installed upgrade studs with locktite then rebuilt the bike making sure to grease and secure everything properly using loctite on all the motor studs and mounts. Last year I rode the entire season without wrenching on anything. Well that's not entirely true, I had to tighten my aftermarket kick stand a couple times cause I didn't use loctite on those nuts, and I dropped the cap off the muffler because I didn't use loctite on the nut that holds the cap on. That's all the wrenching I did the entire season, all ride, no wrench! This year I pulled the carb off in the spring, cleaned it out, then drained the old gas and put some fresh mix in the tank. Bike fired right up and I had a really nice first ride. Hoping for another season of all riding and no wrenching.....

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
i DESTROYED 3 seperate wheels with my first engine 8 yrs ago. multiple different reasons.. tensions bracket, spokes, chain, etc .
i didnt quit till the engine itself just wouldnt go anymore.
i kept it, just for the fact of having it. even though it didnt run.
now that i found this forum its up and running agian :) (now i just need to figure out Y its eating cdi's :s )

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh Man 2Stroker, ruff one eh? I really do know the feeling and feel for ya.

LOL, really will make you feel better if you beat it with a large hammer until it is in small pieces. I also like to "flight test" problem items on occasion.

Hope you still hang out even if ya don't try some thing else.

Venting, good

GEJoe

Mar 30, 2011
Tennessee
Try Golden Eagle. Their engines are rock solid. Change your spokes to 12 gauge and you will be good to go. Carry a spare belt.

I basically had to do the same thing with the pocket bike engine I bought some time ago. The engine was so poorly made I did not even get 4 miles out of it.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Bumble Bee Bolton...heh heh.
Its was not my old kit i sold that and bought a different and everything went down hill from there. im in the process of getting money together to buy another bumblebee. im not gonna mention the name of the kit that fell apart on me but i will post pictures of it for ya when i get my camera.

Last edited:

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
I would agree with Bozo.

Just about every day, I fiddle with my bike. If I wanted something easier, I'd get a scooter or a motorcycle (got them both). I like the bike because I love to tinker.

If you get pissed off that easily, this is not the hobby for you. Don't give up that easily. I would hate to see you build a model plane or something.

Keep at it, bro. You'll be fine. Just remember. You're doing better then the Magic right now!!!
Yup,,
Could not have said it better myself,I have a Honda VTX 1800 that is super fun to ride,,breaks the 200 tire loose in second gear 110@rear wheel...but I never have to work on the darn thing,,man half the fun with these motorized bicycles is tinkering with them...when is the next bolt coming loose,or when is my top end gonna start chattering real bad so i can do a motor tear down..lol

China Girl=Good Times,,just be ready to walk once in a while..haha!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
made me think of a particular build I had way back, Toad. she broke down so often I ended up carrying every tool you would need to build a motorized bicycle. lol, loved that bike. she had personality and all of it bad.

my caps seem to have stopped working.........

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup.
They can be really frustrating, but they are quite small and ez to work on...
Really a lot of fun for yer buck!
and it's summer !!!!!

.shft.
rc

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
You'll have lots of days when nothing goes wrong, but forget your tools and it leaves you stranded!
I'll never forget the time me and my bro were out on some trails and he got a flat, and get this, we actually had a spare tube AND a pump!

Still have the pump, but didn't get a new spare tube, YET.