Snow Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
Here is an idea for the Master Builders of Motorbicycling.com
although I'm sure some others have had the same idea, I got the idea while talking to a few of the guys in chat the other morning and decided to see if I could put it on paper, I haven't a clue as to how to draw the drive and brake system, I'll leave that up to the builder, I'm just a pencil pusher...lol
so have fun with it and I hope someone builds the prototype.

But then I found this......the thing attached to the seat post is a shock, like what you would find on the hood or trunk of your car. it's not a rack.

Post your ideas and thoughts

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd have to do some searching but a couple of years ago there was a thread about this. There was a link to a pedal/motorized snow bike very similiar to Pappy's illustrations.
If anyone finds it before I do, please repost.

If I recall correctly it also used a tread, snowmobile style, out back and a single steerable ski on the front.
Cool idea, but I'm not into winter sports. I'd rather stay inside and read a good book when that white stuff starts falling. :)
Tom

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I remember that wheel/tread adapter, it's by a company called K-traK. If I ever get my hands on a secondhand one I'll definately bolt a sprocket on it. A bit pricey just to play with new (for me).