Howdy all!

GoldenMotor.com

Aseem

May 24, 2011
Davenport, Iowa
My name is Chad.
A few years ago I mounted an old weed wacker engine on a bike a friend gave me, and just the thought of a motor on a bicycle has intrigued me ever since.

Ive been lurking here for about a month now, trying to fill my head with the different problems and fixes associated with this adventure. You guys really know your stuff. The search box helps tremendously when trying to find a certain topic.

I just bought the Grubee Skyhawk GT5 and I'm attempting to mount it in my Schwinn Traverse 26" mountain bike. Ive only seen one thread posted with that bike, and that member said that it didn't fit. I fell in love with the bike when I first saw it, so I will do what I have to do to make it fit. Ill probably have to "take the axe to it" and modify my down tube like Norman did on his Mr. Frankenstein build #5.
http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
I'm not really motivated by the price, or how cheap I can build it; I just want a MB thats different from the rest.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Chad,
Welcome to the forum. You've certainly found the right place for any help you might need with your project.
Thanks for using the search feature. It helps us a lot when we have an informed member who isn't afraid to do a little looking before asking.
Have fun and ride safe. Send us photos of your build.
Tom

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
My name is Chad as well and finished my GT5 also, strange.

Welcome to the forum where there is no stupid questions. Be prepared to buy other things not included with the kit. Replace the CNS Carburetor with a NT to save all the headaches.

Have fun and be safe.

Chad R.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sounds really Kewl Aseem! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to what you make! I learn something or see something new often here. This sounds like a exciting build(^)