introduction

GoldenMotor.com

ilyasemail

May 2, 2011
california
Not sure if anyone reads these, but here it is.

My name is ilya, i live in California and am planning yet another extended bike trip. I've biked all the way up and down the california coast (san diego to southern oregon) several times, and now want to do the same but with a motor! Have been reading the forums for a few days and decided it was time to start asking some questions.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance,
ilya

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Not sure if anyone reads these, but here it is.

My name is ilya, i live in California and am planning yet another extended bike trip. I've biked all the way up and down the california coast (san diego to southern oregon) several times, and now want to do the same but with a motor! Have been reading the forums for a few days and decided it was time to start asking some questions.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance,
ilya
Sounds like a lotta fun.
How long did the trip take on your bike?

Have you bicycled from San Diego up the coast to OC
or Los Angeles?
How did you get through Camp Pendleton where PCH ends
and Google maps shows restricted access roads through the base?

Thanks for your help as I want to motorbike to San Diego
and can't ride on the freeway with it of course.

Ask away with those questions. Pedaling with a motor works
well with the right setup.

ilyasemail

May 2, 2011
california
Hey BiMoped, there is a great guidebook called Cycling USA: West Coast by lonelyplanet that is very helpful for going up the coast. The trip takes about a month going at a fairly leisurely pace. Most of the way there are bike paths and the pacific coast highway, but you do occasionally have to get creative with navigation (a gps helps). A ways before camp pendleton you have to go east of the 5 for a while, and cross back over to the west side of it around Oceanside. If you google Bike Ride: Los Angeles - San Diego, there are interactive maps.