Manic Mechanic isn't closing shop

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Jim is still fightin' the good fight to the best of my knowledge - and is in fact supplying Pirate Cycles with his product line. ;)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Re: Manic Mechanic is closing shop

Hi,

I just ordered my sprocket with adapter and and intake manifold, I didn't know you closed shop cause your website is still accepting orders and payments. Will I be able to get my orders or will you just refund my payment. I'm really hoping you can still send me the products.

Thanks!

Gerry
Gerry,

Your parts will be ready to ship this week. I will be sending you an email with updated shipping rates.

Jim

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
I too am waiting for a motormount. I ordered mine from Pirate Cycles and Justin has been great with the communication. Considering the quality and low prices for Jim's work I am more than glad to wait.

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
try outside of THE MATRIX
Jim, will you be able to send me the motor mounts ordered back in November? I got everything else man! Thanks so much and say Hello to Karen. Love the intakes and the clam shell with the 50 teeth sprocket. My prayers have been answered... let me know I do not want to call you because I know that you are busy... Happy to hear that you are still cranking stuff out and staying in business.
Thanks, Zoltan

Feb 19, 2010
Reno, NV
wow I'm wondering the same thing now? My order wasn't custom actually the shimano hub adapter and 40 tooth sprocket. I have all my parts either here or atleast on their way. I'm hoping I'm not going to have to wait a month or two for these.....uhg. I feel for the guy and know times are rough I just wish I knew these problems ahead of time.

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Last I knew there was problems with the material he had cracking on the mounts in operation and had new stuff coming in. That would require building and testing on bikes to see if the new material held up. That doesn't go fast.

There might be some people not hurting if there had been more testing at Toyota, GM, etc.

The fastest information would come from a quick phone call to him or Karen. I know you can get a refund if you can't wait.

Jim

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
got mine too and lovin it! Much smoother and the chain tension is constant and controllable. Before, with the rag joint, even a little variance had a huge effect on the chain's tension. Great product Jim! Already got another sprocket ordered for my next bike and I don't even have the bike yet!

lovehamr

Oct 9, 2009
GA
Just a question and update request. With everything going through Pirate now, do those of us who responded with orders last Nov now go to Pirate for the back-ordered mounts?

Steve

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Who did you pay.That is who needs to send your stuff.You ordered and paid in nov.,that is way too long

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I had the same question, I have a credit with him for a mount, I was going to call him but I saw this post, Is he even making the mounts anymore?
Cheers

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Yes he is still making the mounts and stuff but now you have to order in lots of 50 or more or if you want only one you order threw Pirate.

But if you have a order already from Manic Mechanic, than he will probally be the one who sends you the part when he does the run for that part.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Yes...

All orders that have been placed directly through us will be filled.

I realize that the motor mount orders have been in-process for "WAY TO LONG", it's also the reason that I have a, "no questions asked", refund policy!!! If you don't want to wait, just ask for your refund...it's simple!!!

In another thread Bikeguy Joe said he can chew out billet motor mounts faster than my CNC can get it done.

I say: we all chip in and buy Joe a set of Tungsten Carbide dentures and let him get to work!

Jim