Exhaust Bending

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I got a new kit in the mail today got everything installed finally expect the muffler will not clear my pedals..Right now I have the exhaust pointed upwards (I kinda like it but it looks stupid)

I don't have a vice,torch or anything I can think of to make the bend.How do you suggest I go about bending this muffler?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'd remove the muffler and find something (long) that fits in/over the exhaust pipe, wedge the muffler in between two things that aren't gonna move and give it a few steady presses. The longer the pipe or w/e - the easier it'll be to bend the exhaust, but again - slow and steady.

It's far easier if you can get some serious heat on the thing, but leverage will do.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Don't know what Axis you need to Repo the muffler for clearance, you might try to open up the holes, i.e. make them a size or two larger, this may enable you to rotate the Muff. out of the way.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Well darn I've got the exhaust outta the way of my pedals but now it won't clear a front allen bolt.There's no possible way I can move the motor due to clearance with pull start & CC.I'll get a picture on here tomorrow.Thanks all