Long Time Lurker

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
I had some premix puddling around the spark plug until I installed an NGK spark plug.
The original plug did not fit as precisely.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
From what little I can see of your exhaust header it appears that is where the oil is coming from. Best bet is to clean everything well with brake clean and pay close attention to where the oil is coming from. It does not look like it is coming from your head gasket or plug. I would pull the exhaust pipe and replace the gasket and use some RTV to seal it up.

B.C Rider

Dec 17, 2009
North Vancouver B.C Canada
Thanks for the come back guys.
Here is a better pic.
I have over 300k on it now.
Seems to bog a little on hills.
Just hums along the flats though.
Got this through Chris Hill.
I hope its not over tightened.
Never touch a bolt on it ever.

Attachments

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Thanks for the come back guys.
Here is a better pic.
I have over 300k on it now.
Seems to bog a little on hills.
Just hums along the flats though.
Got this through Chris Hill.
I hope its not over tightened.
Never touch a bolt on it ever.
That is what mine did when the head leaked. You say you never tightened it down. I think you should torque em down, and like i said check your gaskets. When you get these motors new they are not tightened, I assumed they were myself

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
If it is a Chris Hill motor I don't think retorquing the head would be necessary but can't hurt after heat cycling. Besides if the head gasket is leaking I don't see how it could end up on top of the head and not be apparent anywhere on the cylinder.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
If it is a Chris Hill motor I don't think retorquing the head would be necessary but can't hurt after heat cycling. Besides if the head gasket is leaking I don't see how it could end up on top of the head and not be apparent anywhere on the cylinder.
That is true i didn't think about that one. my bad. I don't know of chris hill