what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
While swapping the kit from the Huffy to the Dyno we put a ported cylinder on with a piston we notched and took it for a test ride. After almost 10 miles we came back home and I could tell the motor was running rich, we checked the temp on my bike and the Arrow motor. My bike was running 50 degrees cooler than the already cool running arrow (about 140 degrees at the hottest spot). Didn't have time to look any further but tomorrow the SBP Expansion goes on and hopefully that will cure some of that richness.

Im also throwing on a 41T sprocket to see if I like it and will then probably order the 40T with sprocket adaptor from Sportsman Flyer. I cant wait to get the Dax balanced motor fully ported, the Skyhawk is rattling me to death at high speed lol, but that will have to wait awhile as I gather funds and figure out just how that build is going to happen.

Dan.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Having spent the early AM cleaning up the yard and preparing for winter, I had put to barn those builds that had not sold this year. Also all of my scrap bikes went into shelter of the barn- I left out my 'Free Spirit' 10 speed cruiser (non-motored) and my 2010 'Beach Breeze' which is my first build- my kids refer to it as 'Grampa'. Well, I dribbled a bit out of one of the other tanks, poured it into 'Grampa's' tank and down the road I went.
Still running the NT carb, I think my top speed was 25mph. Don't care. 25mph is plenty fast when you enjoy the ride. Passed a gaggle of folks mounted on horseback- cut the motor and pedaled as a courtesy, you don't know if the horses will spook. Fired back up once I passed the critters and continued on my merry way. Not a long run, but a fun one.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Having spent the early AM cleaning up the yard and preparing for winter, I had put to barn those builds that had not sold this year. Also all of my scrap bikes went into shelter of the barn- I left out my 'Free Spirit' 10 speed cruiser (non-motored) and my 2010 'Beach Breeze' which is my first build- my kids refer to it as 'Grampa'. Well, I dribbled a bit out of one of the other tanks, poured it into 'Grampa's' tank and down the road I went.
Still running the NT carb, I think my top speed was 25mph. Don't care. 25mph is plenty fast when you enjoy the ride. Passed a gaggle of folks mounted on horseback- cut the motor and pedaled as a courtesy, you don't know if the horses will spook. Fired back up once I passed the critters and continued on my merry way. Not a long run, but a fun one.
This post here is a good one but let me say........ your signature lines are spot on excellent.....!

As a patriot I had to compliment, long live the Republic.....!

Map.flg.

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
sunday morning 7:45AM rode to a job about 3 or 4 miles down the road. new england small town rural roads are great riding in general, but even better when there are no cars!

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
This post here is a good one but let me say........ your signature lines are spot on excellent.....!

As a patriot I had to compliment, long live the Republic.....!

Map.flg.
To all- Be advised- I preach the second amendment without federal permission, quote the Bible without shame and play an unregistered banjo! Yer durn tootin' I'm clinging to my guns and Bible- they happen to be covered in the first and second amendments of what the liberals consider 'That old piece of paper'...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A caution;

6: I do not want politics and religion as part of the forum.

Here, every hour of every day is presented the incredible impossibility of a functioning international tolerance, every member more interested in babbling bikes than anything else. So to preserve that we've asked that you refrain from politics and religion in general, to allow this freedom of the discussion we've all come here for, so that we may help one another with the one interest we can all agree on, why this forum was created.

The internet is vast, if you wish a debate other than bikes - there's platforms far better suited for such irresolvable issues, here we stick to problems we can fix. We've bikes to build after all.

The Rules

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
Beg your pardon- you are absolutely right, this is a platform for motorbike enthusiasts and not my personal soapbox. It will not happen again...
.. can I keep my signature lines?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I thought I saw an internet article about a west coast gang of motored bike riders that were caught playing banjos........I'm glad that I wasn't imagining that!! Thanks for the confirmation!