What Do These Chinese Symbols Mean?

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Where do I put the lever between these two Chinese symbols and does anyone know what the one on the top means and the one on the bottom means?

Thanks

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
That is your choke, lever up is closed, lever down is open. With you motor warmed up the lever should be down. If the motor does not die with the lever up then you may have an air leak.
My buddy could never get his motor to start without using the choke, I never needed to use the choke to start mine.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Top = on, lower = off. Or at least that is the way the choke lever works. Nunya is correct. Choke closed it up and open is down. The Chinese 2 strokes warm up reasonably fast. About 30/45 seconds and your engine should run normally with the choke wide open in moderate weather. The colder it is the longer you'll need some choke, lever up...but not all the way.
What's the matter; you can't read Chinese? :)
Tom

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Top = on, lower = off. Or at least that is the way the choke lever works. Nunya is correct. Choke closed it up and open is down. The Chinese 2 strokes warm up reasonably fast. About 30/45 seconds and your engine should run normally with the choke wide open in moderate weather. The colder it is the longer you'll need some choke, lever up...but not all the way.
What's the matter; you can't read Chinese? :)
Tom
So I want it all the way up?

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Only to get the engine started..................after it starts open (lever down) the choke.
Tom
So start it with it up and when I get going for 30-45 seconds push it down? I've just been leaving it in one position and trying out different positions and leaving it there, not moving it once I get going.

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Another thing to do is temporarily remove the air cleaner, then you can see that bad boy in action.

But wait til I go through the breakthrough period for that right? I initially had my throttle put together wrong and my bike was only going really fast, so I sorta already got an idea what it can do.

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
LOL, I thought they were Chinese symbols too! They're really just pictograms- in the top one a tube (air intake) is being sealed off, and on the bottom one it is open.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Very stylized pictographs for the most part. Most are not readily interpretable by the western mind.
I guess I must have a western mind, even though I am came from Minnesota which is sort of east, I never do understand New Yorker which really is east. RFLMAO.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
New York is not to be understood. Just observed.

I took Mandarin classes during and before my China travel. Reading and writing was not my strong suit. I tried to stick with pinyin (alpha'ized sounds)