ThatsDax

GoldenMotor.com

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Well i have mounted a thatsdax 66cc engine on a new bike and i have to tell you all, this is hands down the best engine that i have had so far out of three of them.
BikeBerry should be ashamed of themselves.
I bought two engines from bikeberry and they both were sh it and sounded like the bearings were going to fly the he ll out lol
Duane old friend, thank you for going the extra mile, unlike bikeberry who seems to have terrible customer service as well as shi tty work ethics.
I'll never use or reccomend bikeberry again after having received shotty parts and got the run around from their staff.
Long Live ThatsDax.com :)
brnot

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Hi Tyler.
1600 miles? I just got this engine from thatsdax and have ridden it about 4 hours now.
right out of the box this thatsdax engine is better than anything i have ever bought from bikeberry.
In my eyes, Duane and thatsdax are hands down the better people/product
Long live thatsdax.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
LBC--Well, I prefer the PK80s to the GT5s personally. They have the shorter caged connecting rod and the lower wrist pin location on the piston. They allow for a smaller squish gap and more compression. Also, if you notice Duane can call his 69cc instead of 66cc, with a 40 stroke instead of 38 stroke. They are just better engines. Also, Duane checks them out before sending them out and uses decent bearings, plus, you got to respect a man who answers his own phone and is more than reasonable to work with. Watch these 2 videos from Fred at CRMachines that explains the differences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzLWYSlpFEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZqayAYsWo

brnot

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Tyler,
Yeah man everything about this thatsdax engine seems to be spot on as far as i am concerned. Duane certainly has my respect. Took the bike out for an hour ride this morning and everything was as smooth as butter and even the sound was better than any BikeBerry.com engine that i have gotten. thatsdax has my vote! :)
i had one mishap yesterday evening, i put the master link keeper on backwards and somehow when i went to start it the chain popped off and i couldn't fint the master link so having a few kits laying around i put her back together then this morning i went over everything...bolts, nuts chain tensioner and fired her up and went for a putt :D
If i would have known...or done more research, i would NEVER have bought from bikeberry.com on the first two engines. So all that being said, never again will bikeberry get my money.
Long Live thatsdax.com

dance1

Last edited:

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I measured my bore and stroke one time and found it to be 69cc.
It's a Dax I bought in '14. Has 600 miles on it and got a bit faster all along the way. It's geared so tall it just purrs along, but it hits 32.6 on the flat with my big ol butt on it, and that ain't bad for bone stock. I've never taken the jug off, no porting, no fred head, kit pipe.
A 29 doesn't need a 40 tooth sprocket, but that's what its pulling.
Duane sells good engines.
It's a little cold natured on its first start of the day, probably from the long manifold I put on.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I love my Dax engine, cannot say enough good things about Duane or his product. My friend Scotty has been riding motorbikes for decades, and could not be more impressed. I will not be buying motors elsewhere. I made the mistake of buying an SD Stinger, not horrible, not great. The thing turned a 44t at 32 before I killed it, but the vibes ruined a frame.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The engine I have on (the second incarnation of) my bike, Tempus, is from ThatsDax. Duane's been doing this a while, and he's always ready to help. My Dax engine survived a really wicked accident in 2010. The previous bike frame was cracked in a few places and so were the rims. I was cracked in several places and had to eat hospital food for longer than I ever care to again. The carb was cracked, but the rest of the engine checked out fine. After a while, I bought a new RT carb, and mounted the engine on the current JC Higgins frame, and the engine still pulls strong. I have no clue how many miles I have on it now. It's been running since about February of 2010. I don't really thrash the thing, just cruise around with the excuse of running local errands. If I have to pick up butter, sausage, and Tylenol at the local store, it's always more fun to take the bike.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I also have a dax motor and I'm very pleased with it. It starts every time. I have the motor dampening pads on the three covers and the motor is pretty quiet and it runs smooth.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thatsdax!
I got my first engine kit from him waaaay back when Hector was a pup.

Better than any of the others I have gotten.

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Thatsdax!
I am loving this engine!
BikeBerry will never get my money again.
By the way, the last time i used BikeBerry i had a Fraudulent charge on my account from Amomoa.com which after working with the Bank we are tracking down whomever did this.
My card was Never used for anything else, just on BikeBerry.com so we can hopefully send you to jail boys :)
Has anyone else Ever had a Fraudulent charge after using BikeBerry.com?
ThatsDax!
I Love those people and Engines from ThatsDax.com!
LBC

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
I ordered a rear wheel from SpookyTooth, it came from bikeberry, who is the one who charged my card, not SpookyTooth, that's fraudulent enough for me. I tried to give my business to an Arizona company, and they insulted me by overcharging for bikeberrys junk. They won't get a penny from me again, let alone a kind word, when a company treats me dishonestly, I hate and bash for life. Those crooks charged me $70 for a single wall, coaster brake wheel! That's insane! It was not the product advertised, which is a crime, they overcharged from the price listed by more than $20, and refused to rectify the situation. Those guys better steer clear of me on the state highways, they did not make a friend.

Reactions: chmn22s

kingofgreens

Feb 9, 2011
planet Earth
Hello all. I'm considering doing what I think would be a super nice build and I'd like to get some feedback from more experienced people to try and tweak it out.

I'm starting out with a Schwinn Jaguar. Always liked this bike.
I'd like to contact Dax and see if I can get a kit to use his mini titan 32cc motor, v1 belt drive and rear mount it if possible.

Thoughts , ideas on suggestions please?