Many questions

GoldenMotor.com

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
I figured the general discussion thread would be good for many different questions.

How would i go about making my own boost bottle kit and if i do so, can i just drill a hole into the stock carburetor mount and thread in one of those fuel line connectors? (i have a boost bottle on the way, i just don't know when it will be here because the site i bought it from refuses to give me any tracking info)

If i go through with the homemade one, what size should the bottle be and what material?

Has anyone tried mounting lager carburetors on these motors? Like say, the one that comes with a KDX 200 or a KTM 250? I can always have a new mount machined for it.

do they make quarter throttles for these motors? I used to do hill climbing and i got quite comfortable with my quarter throttle. it was less stressful on my wrist when we would go out riding for 5-6 hours.

thanks guys.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
First of all welcome to the forum.

Second boost bottles dont add anything to these china girl engines so do one if you wish but the best engine builders and racers of these ebngine will all tell you a boost bottle is a waist of time and money.

As far as the 1/4 throttle you spoke of these untilize a short pull on the thottle but I guess you could make your own. If you wanted.

Go through this forum and use the search feature, you will find piles of info on performance tuning these engines and what works and what is snake oil like the boost bottles, if someone like the look of having the bottle on their bike that is fine but dont expect any performance gain from it.

Cleaned up ports, a well tuned carb and a good free flowing exhaust will do way more than gadgets like boost bottles on these engines, these china girls will never perform even close to a good Japanese 2 Stroke engine no matter whT you do to it, but there are several things that can be done to improve performance.

Best wishes and again wel ome to our great forum.

Map
.wee.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Speed carb is big enough, unless you do major work.
any bigger and your just likely to get poor low down and hard to tune.
Like Map said, clean up the ports and get a better exhaust.
Next step is to get compression and squish right.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yes Theon I agree, a KDX 200 or KTM 250 carb will be way to big for a china girl engine, some use 21 or 22mm Mikuni Carb on really well built engine and maybe even a 24mm on a really radical build but a 45+ mph set up can be done with an NT carb, I know because I have an engine that isn't super built, just some port work, a Puch hi hi 70cc head, manic port matched shorty intake and a well tuned NT or NT Speed carb. On the best day I saw 48mph on this bike and I dont have an expansion chamber exhaust on it either, just a home built straight through exhaust that is short and loud.....so far I haven't found anything that works better on my bikes than it does, every expansion pipe I've had on it so far decreased my top speed by several mph, im working on another that will flow better and hopefully help with better low and midrange without sacrificing the top end.....

We I said all of this to just give a little info on what some of us do to get a good strong running engine, some of it also has to do with whether or not the engine has correct timing which can vary up to about 6 degrees from what I've seen and whether or not the crank is very untrue or the balance of the rotating assembly is good enough to allow the engine to spin up to some fairly high rpms, I've seen 9400rpm on my fastest engine according to the tach I had on it I was running 40's mph with a 36T rear sprocket this bike gps' d 45.7 on the flat and I weighed 220 at the time, I have now slimmed down to 210lbs.....lol

Anyway my best advice is to do some research here on the forum to see what the people who have been doing this awhile are doing and have done and do things one step at a time....