what are you waiting for in the mail ?

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Wow! RR. I'm jealous! that's a lot of wood and Danschutz remember
" A Cheap Bike Ain't Good! and A Good Bike Ain't Cheap!" I just got through doing a Modern Restoration using period NOS Wald components on a 1947 JC Higgins and I think I'll name the bike Patience.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
My shift kit from SBP just arrived.. I wasn't expecting it until Thursday or Friday.

Now I need to shift from blue-sky/daydream mode to build mode on the autobike....

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Wow! RR. I'm jealous! that's a lot of wood and Danschutz remember
" A Cheap Bike Ain't Good! and A Good Bike Ain't Cheap!" I just got through doing a Modern Restoration using period NOS Wald components on a 1947 JC Higgins and I think I'll name the bike Patience.
Couldn't agree with you more. My thinking on that first build was am I even going to like this? Well I do lol so quality parts are high on the list. Years ago I would get into some hobby (I have many lol) and upgrade slowly then upgrade those parts, now days I try and skip the intermediate stuff and in the long run it saves you money and space.

My plan is to have one really well built motored bike, one standard motored bike and two electrics and keep a couple human powered bikes around. Will this change? maybe but Id be out of space to house them.

Dan.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Ordered on 4/28, expecting delivery (as early as) 5/05 on motors from speeddemon.ca.. seems my previous go-to, ZoomBicycles.com, is out of the bike motor business for a little while, they haven't had any in stock since last June.. so while I had 'em on the phone I told them they really ought to check and update thier website, since they have a waiting list of over 100 folks looking for motor kits on it.

gooldhotrods

Apr 16, 2014
racine, wisconsin
I have been waiting for two weeks for exhaust and carb gaskets from juice moto parts. have been emailing them as to if/when they would be shipped and if they had did, did they have any tracking info. no replies from them at all, until 5 minutes after filing a claim with paypal, they emailed me a credit memo, what good is credit for a company that does not send the parts? beware of ordering anything from them

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I've been waiting all week for a 99cc Predator engine to arrive... it arrived today. Now I suppose I'm waiting for a bicycle, or at least a frame, of course then I'd be waiting for wheels and stuff too. It never really ends does it?

rhodeisland

Oct 30, 2012
Rhode Island
I'm waiting for that new mail order bride I ordered.
I'm going to need her up north to work on the hunting camp.
There's a lot of wood to chop , fish to clean and smoke , also some plumbing to mend.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
My delivery from SpeedDemon.ca arrived this morning, around 9:30 or so. That put a smile on my face, it wasn't due until Monday at the earliest.

I'm thinking that the mail carrier probably wasn't smiling though.... No signature req'd on the delivery so I can't say for sure but this is what I saw on the front porch:

20140502_095737.jpg

However, when I go to the edge of the curb you can see why... (you can see the boxes in the middle near the top).

20140502_095825.jpg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tipping mail carriers and trash guys can really pay off. We always make sure they get something nice for Christmas too.

I'm just glad it wasn't me carrying those boxes up your front walk, Tripps.

Tom

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
If I see them, I will... it must have been a Postal Ninja. They showed up between Harley leaving for the ReStore around 9:10 and me going out to see what was happening outside today at 9:30.. I must have been doing something in the kitchen at the back of the house not to have heard anything. If I'd known I'd have helped carry them up. I bet the carrier's also cursing because the shipper labeled each box as "5 Lbs." After I snapped the pics I went up to the garage to get the hand truck and took them up and put them away.

20140502_171915.jpg

(Ground level at the garage/parking area is roughly level with the roof of the house, so I go 'upstairs' to my shop.)

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
I ordered some chineese bicycle turn signal lights for about 5 bucks off ebay, waiting for them. Maybe use some parts, as well as the white wire on my motor and some relays and make my own turn signals. I plan on putting all my wiring in one of those project boxes, with a spot for my key and switches etc.