Hello I am new.

GoldenMotor.com

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Where to begin, I am 18 (as of a few months ago) I am a certified welder. I love to tinker, I am a machinist by hobby, as well as a CNC plasma operator. I have been playing around with two stroke engines since I was about 10 years old, and am happy to say I will be riding with one soon enough. Not sure what really to put here.

If you have any questions just ask me, otherwise I look forward to seeing you around the Texas area if you exist in that area :p

~The Rat has spoken~

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Alright, thank you!

I have been on many forums in the past (in fact I used to run one with 500k+ members) so I shouldn't need to much help.

annnnnnd just like that I am permanently affixing my signature.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Ratman.
It sounds like you have a mechanical aptitude which will help you a lot during your building of a motorized bicycle.
Keep us informed on your project and best of luck to you. Thanks for joining our community. If you have questions we're here to help you. Lots of experienced bike builders here ready and willing to share their knowledge.

Tom

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Thank you again, I do indeed have quite the background in messing with things...Half the reason I got one of these was transportation, the other was to tinker.

I plan on trying to make my own tuned pipe in the welding shop when I get some free time, I got all their machines fixed so I should have time to myself.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome ratman to our crazy world of motorized bicycles. i wish i could weld, i imagine you will come up with some pretty nice motorized bicycles, its a great talent to have, hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do and its great to have you with us

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Hey man, if you ever need anything welded. Just ask, I'll be more than happy to help.

I am a teacher aid at my school and taught my teacher several welding tricks. I also teach the actual class MIG short circuit style welding.

Like I said, any questions for me I am more than happy to answer, as for making more bikes we shall see what my income allows. There is a reason I don't make custom computers as much as I'd like :p

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that money thing always gets in the way of fun, if i lived in Texas or the states for that matter i would definitely learn to weld however i am in the Caribbean where we can ride 12 months a year and to busy playing lol

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!! There's quite a few members from Texas --- quite frankly, I'll have to look to see where Murphy is, not familiar with that town.

Good luck with your upcoming build!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Welcome: I agree what fresh and fertile mind for a young guy. Make sure to read some of the DIY and Board tracker builds. There is a lot of realey good home made bike here........Curt

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Thank you! I'll keep you posted. I have a buddy of mine I've been helping build a flying car. He has a metal lathe I'll borrow to balance the crank shaft. Might come up with a do it yourself method for people without a lathe.

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Howdy & welcome!! There's quite a few members from Texas --- quite frankly, I'll have to look to see where Murphy is, not familiar with that town.

Good luck with your upcoming build!
Murphy is boarding Wylie, both of which are near Plano or 20 minutes from Dallas.

I can get to a lot of areas :p Most of my neighbors have choppers/baggers so might get away with a loud exhaust if I need to make it such.

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
I started making a bike rack, it is made out of left over prison bars and stuff so the welds....The initial weld is just massive to penetrate the metal, the rest are normal.

I'll get some pics up when I get it all nice and painted (aka tomorrow).