would it work?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy RDog, welcome.

A few folks have built with that engine and torque converter/CVT. There are a few issues you would have to address and you should do a search. (above) Lots of workarounds and ideas. It is a complicated build but very doable.

2 main problems are the PTO on the engine is 5/8 and the receiver for the torque converter/CVT is 3/4. Also, the torque converter/CVT is very wide. But folks have done it.

The bike looks like it has more then enough room but you want good front and rear brakes.

Best of luck and post lots of pics!

Last edited:

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Welcome,RDog. I'm fairly new here,but had some of the same questions you present. My research (on this forum) showed that it was doubtful if the engine had the power to utilize the cvt unit you show. That company is developing a unit just for that motor, however. I ended up with a verticle cylinder 79cc Lifan motor because I wanted a vintage look and will use a jack shaft which (again) I've learned transfers more of the motors power to the wheel. At this point in your project, research is your best tool. Have fun!