NOOB needs help

GoldenMotor.com

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
hiya, im pretty new to this whole MB thing so ill just lay it all out:
i have a 4 stroke 5g Flying horse motorized micargi cruiser which ive ridden for about a day. ANYhow, im having trouble with it idling, i can get it to run but the motor dies when ever im not giving it throttle. Ive tried messing with the gas valve and opened the choke all the way but to no avail.
please hit me up with suggestions

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The carburetors mentioned above (sorry Killer) are used on the HT, Chinese 2 stroke engines.
Your carburetor has a couple of adjustments. The idle speed screw might be the one you want to take a look at. Remove the air cleaner and look at where the throttle cable attaches to the carb and you'll see a black plastic screw. Screwing it in will increase the idle speed. It actually sets the throttle plate position at idle.
The other adjustment is a small slotted screw, usually brass located on the side of the carb. It sets the fuel air ratio for mid and high speed.

The fuel valve and the choke need to both be open always. They do not set idle speed.
Tom

Last edited:

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
thanks greatly for the replies. Ill have to wait till im home from work to try it but im sure this will help.
but feel free to keep posting help

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
its all good canuck.
im about to try adjusting the screws then ima post back. tho i am taking a 420 break sooooo it might be awhile...

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Tuning. These little motors respond well, most of the times, to little tweaks. Too many have the habit of turning things "up to 11" when subtle, small changes can dial things to an optimum.

Be careful, though. Tuning can lead to pursuit of more power, how fast do you wanna go ;)

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
oh how i will tinker my life away...

ok now i have 2 more problems...
i think my (very cheap) throttle cable is too long and is pushing my accelerometer screw forward which my pops says is messing with the choke? so i guess i need tension on it?
and also i find my chain rubbing against my back fork area... any quick fixes?

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
ok sorry for the break, anywho...

it seems my engine chain rubs on the (sitting on the bike) left back fork.
i glanced at a post that mentioned just using truck bed liner buttttt i dont know it thats the way to go/// im afraid of the possible damage to my chain and the noise and adding vibe isnt pleasant.

heres a view of where its hitting my fork. the silver spot is what to look for*
=
[/URL]

[/IMG]

!

the last pic was hard to capture buts its looking down at where the chain meets the fork basically...

BossKoops

Apr 4, 2012
austin
the big sprocket in my back wheel?
im not doubting your expertise, but what if my sprocket is on correctly and if i flip it and it makes it 4mm even worse? is that possible or are you guys pretty sure? im only asking because my level of understanding of this bike is very little

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yep the big drive sprocket. Notice how its 'dished', by flipping it around the dish will be on the other side. and that should give you enough clearance.

Once that's done and 'if' you still need more. a couple thick washers on the axle inside of the dropout can give you a couple more mm's.

fyi- the bar its rubbing on is called the seat stay, and the lower one is called the chain stay eh. :)