what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Had an issue with motor not getting spark once again....lol.... After swapping everything in the ignition system out (magneto, CDI) and after pulling the plug and seeing a little spark, I was at my wits end so I went the direction of fuel being the issue.....swapped the carb for a new one even drained the gas and put newly mixed gas in it....still no start....its always the last darn thing you do that corrects the problem right?....lol.....so the only thing I didnt swap was the plug wire....got one off of the Kawisaki ZRX 1200R I wrecked 2 years ago and wouldnt you know it fired right up.....man I cant get over the the crap that comes on these china girls...down to the POS spark plug wire....oh well live, tinker, and learn theres a quality plug wire on it now

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA

Let's see, I put a SBP oversize tube adapter. So now my engine is properly mounted, and hopefully won't tilt to the left anymore. Put in a carb manifold gasket on my NT. Ported and polished intake and exhaust. Matched the gasket with the holes.Ground down the welds on intake and exhaust so my nuts would seat properly and put it all back together and rode it for about 10 minutes. And the damn thing even worked right!!!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

I had a nice day.

Fixed the flat rear tire, finished up, painted and mounted the new exhaust and rode 15 miles of errands on a 73 degree sunny day.

Heard a new noise that I hadn't heard yet, a "ticking" sound when decelerating. Yup intake noise. My new exhaust is so quiet I can now hear intake noise.

A good day - :)

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas

I changed out the spark plug (NGK) & wire that I had acquired from Autozone; the old wire took a bit of time to get it out of the CDI. Sealed the connection with gasket maker. Also changed out the engine mount studs front & rear. I ran out of time to install the exhaust and other loose ends. I should have it complete tomorrow and hopefully be on the road again. .shft.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Minor maintenance day here, quick check of the mounting bolts and so on. Removed and replaced a broken rear carrier rack, so now all my gear is back on board. The old one suffered a support shearing down near the axle on the way to work the other day. Must have finally hopped it's last curb, at least it didn't go into the spokes. The new one looks a little sturdier, hopefully it'll hold up.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Threw my new S6C L/C Morini motor in my back pack and road my BoXer bike across town to one of my buddies house's to show it to him. He had not road his M.B. in two months and needed a little inspiration he had repairs to his truck that needed doing. I let him ride the BoXer that set the mood and we got his H.T. back going.

Have not had to add any air what so ever to my said rear tube it is rock hard and steady. I love Slime its been over 15 gallons of gas now.

I got my Large Marge rims coming in tomorrow Vy UPS for my custom 24'' wheels I will be building and I found some Killer hella thick motorcycle tubes to use on them coming UPS as well. I am guessing that I will have the new BoXer bike up and running in the next two weeks.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

WoW !

What a guy!!!

...ridin' around town with a motor in his back-pack... lol
Like one a dem guys with a violin case. lol

Can't wait to see how the new bike comes out, GH. Should be real nice.
I gotta go back and search out your logic for the 24" rims and tires... I been thinking abt a smaller wheel, also. My reason is lower center of gravity/pressure.

Best
rc

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home purchased one gallon of milk, one gallon of bottled water and a frozen grape juice from concentrate can. Hung all that off the handle bars too.;)dnut

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas

WoW !

What a guy!!!

...ridin' around town with a motor in his back-pack... lol
Like one a dem guys with a violin case. lol

Can't wait to see how the new bike comes out, GH. Should be real nice.
I gotta go back and search out your logic for the 24" rims and tires... I been thinking abt a smaller wheel, also. My reason is lower center of gravity/pressure.

Best
rc
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of a 24' wheel vs. 26' wheel?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

For me I am gonna use 24x30 tires they are very large. This profile of tire in 26''would be a little to big for the bikes geometry. A 24x3.0 tire has a profile very near a 26x1.75. My over all handling and smooth feel of the road will be superb!!

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I agree. Fatter is better when you have the muscles or the motor to move it all. I put 2.25 beach cruiser tires on my mb and it was a good change. I have run them on my full suspension mtn bike in the summer and they were great but didn't corner so hot off road. haha.

I think my wife is sold on the MB now. She wants me to put the weeder motor kit on her mountain bike. Yay!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home purchased one gallon of milk, one gallon of bottled water and a frozen grape juice from concentrate can. Hung all that off the handle bars too.;)dnut
Goat look around for a free "Instep" tarailer I use it for when I go get groceries In fact Im gearing up to go out in 20° weather I will hopefully hook up my trailer get some milk and a few other essential items [/I]

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Goat look around for a free "Instep" tarailer I use it for when I go get groceries In fact Im gearing up to go out in 20° weather I will hopefully hook up my trailer get some milk and a few other essential items [/I]
I can definitely understand 20degree weather being a bummer! At some point I am way better off just plain ol peddling to stay warm. lol. Can't hold on to a bike and go straight down the street shivering so hard to even hold on to it!

I have the balance of a circus bear at a pretty good pace like this.Years of peddling and playing hard has left me fairly well familiar and muscled for it I guess. I use my king size forks like a trailer. It prolly helps that I am pretty tall too. My center of gravity is not that alarming to me at all. The bigger forks for me make the bikes I ride fit my stature.

For me the big plus side of that equation is I coincidently get sweet tire clearance to do the likes of this.

I usually stop by the store fairly frequently this is a nice show off load. lol

Pict of the currant BoXer bike. I had small forks on this one. What I mean is the forks will not clear for a monster tire. Other than that this thing is so smooth on the cities rough bumps I love it. Lower Lumbar honestly just gets a message.

This bike works great I just travel the city with it. The next bike will be totally pimped out wheel wise. Gotta take it a day at a time eventually a well intended plan will come together lol.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

If you get a chance click my name then go see the photo's of my trailer "instep " I hooked up ya cant even feel it when ya ride till ya hit a bump for the folks that want to see these pictures better. I noticed when I have my Picasa Picasa download in progress running it shows those tiny photos that end up in the top left hand corner HUGE . and its free Its awesome Picasa is . And you can store thousands of photo's on their site so if you ever crash or want to show some one a picture you took but your not on your PC you can access it from any PC in the world ..As long as you know your user name and password .It's free why not have it ? Ive had it a few years and it saved my Pictures one day after a complete melt down

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Heck yeah, those are great! I have one that I use for my pedaling around with my daughter. I have another one I use for hauling stuff. the Instep one has a c-clamp type hitch, but you can replace it with Burley or aftermarket stuff or put new rubber on the grip jaws when the coating wears out.

The Insteps have sealed-bearing wheels and roll nice!

Cut a few 2x4s and ziptie them to the metal rails for support, carry all your goods in laundry baskets or sterilite bins.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

After I got home from work I re-aligned the rear wheel. When I did the carrier install yesterday, I didn't double check the wheel alignment afterward. When I went to ride out this morning, the tire was rubbing the chainstay, and the knobby tread kept pulling at the cable for the rear gears. I have a love/hate relationship with quick-release wheels. When you have a flat or need to replace the tire they're great, but fine-tuning the alignment between the chainstays when you're pulling against two chains is a three-handed job.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

You can get a toe-strap like track racers use on old style pedals, and use one to secure the front brake. This helps when you have the bike upright and need to pull on the back wheel for alignment.