longest ride u have taken your motorized bicycle on

GoldenMotor.com

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
my old 1 i took from tulare to Porterville which is 27 miles 1 way but i go there and back so 57 miles round trip 3 stops in all

new one not broke in so 3 miles lol r.ly.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
Re: longest ride u have taken your MB on

im trying to figur out how far these motors can go i love riding these MB but i like to go on a longer trip 1 weekend

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

50 miles round trip. I know there is some YouTube vids of some long cross country rides I think it was called the spooky tooth challenge or something like that and I know of another guy I read about that is planning a Alaska to south somewhere can't remember but I think it is to the end of the continent, but in other words made right they will go really far peace out

wileydavis

Nov 22, 2010
Bozeman, MT

About 600 miles for a single trip. About 1100 total so far. I use a subaru/robin EH035 and a custom/weird bike, no kit.

A photo from a trip between San Diego and Las vegas:

Mojave Photos by practicalpedal, on Flickr

Last edited:

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA

115 miles in a day - last year, my first year with a MB. I want to do a trip of 150 to 200 miles this year.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

A year or so back we went on a ride with a bunch of mopeds around Orange County. We left from Fountain Valley and cruised around and went down Laguna Canyon to the coast, and then home. I rode my orange Whizzer, my grandson rode his yellow Briggs bike, my friend, Clinton, rode my red and white Briggs bike and my friend, Shaun, rode his Garelli moped I sold him a few months earlier. We traveled up PCH and stopped for a photo moment at Carona Del Mar. Ended up about 60 miles with no problems with any bikes. It was a great day. I've done several 45-60 mile rides in the past on assorted Whizzers and Briggs bikes when there was a Whiz-In every year, which was a swap meet one day and a ride the next. May have a group going on the Long Beach ride coming up on April 3rd at El Dorado Park. We'll start from my neighborhood and putt over to the park and go with the rest of the riders from there.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

When I lived in AZ, I made a 50 mile round trip commute to work. I did it once per week or so.
My longest in TX has been my 18 mile round trip commute to the bus parknride.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal

well i thinking about doing a tulare to bakersfield and back but unsure if these motors can handle the ride and weight of me and extra gas and water snack etc.. think i mite try in a few months

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

My clutch cable broke and it had only been pulled about ten times. Since then I've been afraid to get more than ten miles away from home....and that's if I have a cell phone with me.

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

Triple A. I have a tourer built and had hopes of doing some long distance touring but I just don't think these happy time China girls are reliable enough. I have an Aosom trailer that I can carry a spare engine kit in but I need to figure out a way to pull a four drawer tool chest behind it. That's the only way I'd get more than ten miles away from home.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra

I do a 10km round trip to work, daily.

I recently went for a new personal record with max trip (once), 40km round trip.
Mostly on city bike paths in Canberra. All good, I always do a pre-check before any long ride. no problems....so far