4 wheel or quad motorized bicycle????

GoldenMotor.com

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
i was watching a show last night about henry ford. the wut he called quadracycle really caught my eye and got to thinking. a 4 wheel motorized bicycle? i know theres trikes been built but how bout a quad? witha china girl motor? would she pull it?lol wut do y'all think or has it been done??reddd

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Re: 4 wheel or quad MB????

In most (if not all) states you're simply not allowed, one two or even three wheels - no problem, but the sec ya consider four wheels & motorized yer in automotive territory regardless of scale :(

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH

with an intricate gearing system i'm sure you could squeeze an incredible amount of power from a chinese 2 stroke. but as mentioned once you got 4 wheels its now considered a different type of vehicle.

i thought about making a kart sort of thing one day with a china girl on each side and 2 totally separate throttles so i could do insane donuts. would be cool.

theirs a video i saw on these forums but i can't find it now, anyways it was a 4 seat car modded to have 4 people pedaling, in canada, they got pulled over in the video though.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

Many states make allowances for 4 wheeled, electric powered vehicles (neighborhood electric vehicle). If you want to build a legal 4 wheeler, you are better off running on electrons.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

That's true - but even then as far as I'm aware, it's still a completely different classification & no longer a "bicycle" of any sort*, even if it's made of bike bits & has the pedals...

...but, bike bits are still pretty ossum for the application - power to weight and all that lol

*even so, if ya do decide to build such, I'd personally love ta read yer build thread should ya make one :D

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

My grandson and I are in the process of building a replica of his 1973 IHC Scout II 4X4. It's about 1/3 scale and we'll call it Scout III. If there's any interest in it on this forum, I'll post photos as we go. Let me know, because you guys always have some great ideas.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Defo! Love ta see it, DIY stuff always serves to inspire & The Tavern is open to jus' about anything... 'cept politics & religion for obvious reasons ;)

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.

msrfan, If you would post the pictures, I would appreciate it. Maybe I can glean some ideas for my 1901 Ford build. Don B.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California

msrfan, If you would post the pictures, I would appreciate it. Maybe I can glean some ideas for my 1901 Ford build. Don B.
Okay Don B. The Tavern was indicated as the place for my 4 wheel thread, so I'll post it there. Thanks for the interest.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

yeah i know it would NOT be road legal lol. wut i was thinking about was using a regular bike frame either mountian or cruiser type. cant afford to do it at the moment. looked at the trike kits on spookytooths site. mounting 1 on the front forks looks to be not possible from looking at that pictures or could it? prolly be rear drive,rear brakes? also think a bigger than a 44 tooth sprocket. if i find my sketching tools i might draw it out this weekend:)

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world

Here is the simplest kit I've seen. It links a couple of bikes together. It's not stable with just one rider.
Stable four wheeled bicycles, (quadcycles)

hmmm that looks cool, me and my dad both have mb's and we might try this, we would build the kit ourselves though. i was thinking we could link the throttle cables somehow, and adjust each one from the carb to give the engines more power, we could try to keep them as equal as possible, and do the same with the clutches and breaks, and we would only have one driver, so it would be more simple. my bike has 26" tires with a 66cc port and polished, expansion chamber and 36t sprocket, and my fathers is a 36" tire with a 66cc stock with 44t.