Another One Of Those "Is This Bike Good Enough?" Threads.

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I want to do a Honda GHX50 with an EZMotorbike kit. I will be putting this together piece by piece, starting with suspension forks and suspension seatpost and a clamshell adapter and sproket from Manic Mechanic.

The bike is the Micargi Stealth Cruiser. I know it isn't a high-dollar item, but this build is going to run me close to the $1,000 mark.

Attachments

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Do You think it's safe enough? That's all that matters. Frame frailer is almost unheard of. Most bikes are safe enough. Don't drill holes in the frame, Make sure you have enough brakes to stop you from any speed. I Love ME! I wear a helmet at all times!

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Saddletramp & Dan.

I won't be drilling any holes in this frame. I've never been a believer of drill-to-mount, and have never driven holes in ant bicycle frame.

I weigh a buck fifty & 5'/8" tall so I don't think I'll so I don't think I'll pose any threat to the structeral integrity of the frame.

It sure does look good with that repro Whizzer tank that Barron has.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Mic should work fine as long as you keep bearings greased, bolts/chain tight, etc. When I rode in Phoenix, I burned a headlight during the day and ran a front brake. Cars will turn in front of you there. Baseline Road was scary for me. Most other roads were OK.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I thought you were leaning toward a GT1 or a GT2 ?
(I hope I have the right person ;))
the extra cost of forks, better wheels, frt brake ...etc, might get a little high

good luck, wichever way you go :)

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I was leaning toward that, Bill. I even called Tucson (USABikemotors) and they have one.

Then I got to thinking, I really like the Micargi because of the frame. I sat on one yesterday at Build a bike and it just felt so right.

Build a bike sold me a nice suspension fork for that'll fit the Micargi, all I have to do is get some flat black spraypaint.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yes they are, and they know their stuff.

....AND, the Phoenix Freaks hang out there.

My wife and I were talking because of my obsession with these bikes, and she really wanted my to get another one ASAP. I chose this bike because I have liked the looks of this bike style for a long time now (Ever since they came out with it.)

Wife said: "Get what you want" and this is the one..wee.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I get people cutting me off all the time here, THATS why I ride the canals. There are no cars there and theres a paved path thats pretty wide.

I stay away from the south area, unless I have business down there. Then I take my car and my gun! (We get to have those here, concealed carry for everyone)!

I bought the Mic today, and the guy whos sells them is looking to buy a house for his Dad. Right place/right time strikes again!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I don't know anything about the bike frame other than I like how it looks. I think it feeling right for you is important. Some bikes do and some don't. I think too many people choose a bike just because of it's looks or reputation. Those are important considerations, but in the end how the bike feels is right up there near the top.
Frame strength is even more important, I think, when the power unit tends to vibrate as the 2 stroke HT engines do. Some worse than others, but it is something everyone experiences and has to deal with. It is what led me to find the most comfortable, vibration absorbing grips I could make. Your situation is different with that EMotorbike kit. One of the first things that surprised me about mine was the lack of vibration. There's very little of that and does not detract from the riding experience. So I think there is less stress on a frame and super frame strength is maybe a little less critical. There is no need to drill holes in the frame with that kit either, so that isn't a concern. I think you'll be happy with your choices and look forward to seeing the bike thread with a motor in place and smiling rider. Good luck. Post some pictures...
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yes they are, and they know their stuff.

....AND, the Phoenix Freaks hang out there.

My wife and I were talking because of my obsession with these bikes, and she really wanted my to get another one ASAP. I chose this bike because I have liked the looks of this bike style for a long time now (Ever since they came out with it.)

Wife said: "Get what you want" and this is the one..wee.
Purty Cool Smoothe. The fairer gender are amazing folks and sounds like you have the good fortune to have a good one. Just cool to see folks who are good to each other.
I am also blessed with a really great partner, wife and best friend.

Hey, lets race em.

laff

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I'll be ready to race you in the spring, Dan!

I have a $100 a week allowance to spend on this bike, so It'll be a while.

I rode this bike to work today, I love everything but the seat. It's a Chiropractor's dream come true.

Silverbear, this bike fits me like an old pair of jeans after a diet! It feels really solid and heavy. It doesn't go very fast, but we're going to fix that.

Going downhill is a lot more fun that "trudging" uphill, that's for sure.

Last edited: