Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Last edited:

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
KO so for all the people that are unsure if the 4G T Belt Drive Engine Kits will work in your V frame here is a short video on how to measure your frame
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/COGUh-UFgO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/COGUh-UFgO8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope this help at least a few people if missed something or am incorrect please let us all know what you know to help out the ones that don't
Thank you
Terry
Kick-a$$! Thanks, Terry!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Ya thank you fairracing31
This is how I got started in this forum in the first place I saw a need and made a video and now they are seen around the world my only hope is that it helps a few people. I believe that this measurements will work for the Grubee skyhawk stage III also.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I forgot one thing the bottom of the template must be higher than the bicycle crank and the 4G mounting plate is adjustable from 8" to 9" but if you adjust the plate to the 9" you still have to have 9" 1/2 to the top of the template to still have clearance
Terry

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
Great I am not familiar with that bike have any pic's ???
actually, i don't post any pics anywhere... I'm not FBI-paranoid, I just don't own the required camera... lol It's a big, old, 12-speed Giant Chinook (sp?) 26-inch mountain bike. The bottom bracket to the top tube is like 21+ inches on the INSIDE measurement. Did I mention that It's really big? I have to ride with the seat ALL OF THE WAY down, and I'm like 5 foot 10...

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Just one thing about that bike as a choice is if you can find one you would be doing your self a great favor by getting a front shock of some kind

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
Just one thing about that bike as a choice is if you can find one you would be doing your self a great favor by getting a front shock of some kind
Yeah, I got ridiculous parts like that all over my yard, shed, basement, etc... But my frame is the identical to that one, but much larger frame size. I can actually tell substantial difference just by looking at it.

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
yeah, it's a monster for sure... But i love that it's got regular sized steel tubing. Oversized aluminum is not something I'm willing to mess around making mounts for.

If I fall hard enough in love with the whole mb thing, The Schwinn OCC in the background will be getting either a morini setup, or a legitemate conversion using a smaller atv engine with a 3 speed gearbox... But that's just a dream for now.