CARBS...I give up

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a feeling the new intake will help. Also 20:1 especially with synthetic oil is WAY TOO MUCH OIL.

Even for break in.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
No Sir...the clutch cable is not running or binding with the throttle. I do not know the question about twisting the throttle. This issue is about idle..what I know you should not twist the throttle if you want to idle. It should be in the un twisted position...correct?

See the pics below..Thanks
Your fuel filter should be above the carb....Under RPM's it might be sucking the fuel in but at idle you might not be getting enough draw....Shorten your fuel line so it will get the filter about the carb.....Thats just my 2 cents

John-John

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
it seems that your motor stalls when it is put under load. is this whats happening? this happend to me so i cleand out my exhaust and problem solved.. all it takes is some oil build up in exhaust to cause restriction and choke out motor.

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
Is the assembly of the throttle linkage done correctly. I did not have good instructions when I assembled my linkage. But it worked good, but would stall when I let off the throttle. I reassembled the linkage and then it would Idle.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
This is your bike and you should fix it however you feel is best but I gotta wonder why you are spending all that time and effort workin and waiting for parts when bypassin the filter is free if not a few bucks if you don't have fuel line laying around. I know you can see fuel in the filter but what you can't see is what is on the other side of that paper filter. I could be wrong about this, was part of a problem I had BUT my wrong only would cost a few bucks with no shipping and maybe 5 minutes time to try.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Have you tried pulling the fuel line out of the carb and see the amount of flow the fuel runs out????You might have a clog in the filter in the gas tank....Its a far shot,but it doesnt cost anything to try....
John-John

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I shorten the fuel line just about 5 minutes ago and install the new intake, throttle cable. I was really anxious for a test drive but it is raining hear in NJ.
While I am waiting for the rain to clear up. I was trying to check the clutch. As someone from this thread to check it also. It seems like all gears (big gear and small gear to the right) are normal I guess. I cannot go beyond the gears through the clutch pads or lining because I cannot unscrew the small gear to the right. How do I unscrew it? See pics lined in red....:-||

Attachments

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
it seems that your motor stalls when it is put under load. is this whats happening? this happend to me so i cleand out my exhaust and problem solved.. all it takes is some oil build up in exhaust to cause restriction and choke out motor.
I only have less than 10 miles on my MB. All is brand new I would think exhaust is not clogged or dirty. But I will check it anyways. Thanks

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
This is your bike and you should fix it however you feel is best but I gotta wonder why you are spending all that time and effort workin and waiting for parts when bypassin the filter is free if not a few bucks if you don't have fuel line laying around. I know you can see fuel in the filter but what you can't see is what is on the other side of that paper filter. I could be wrong about this, was part of a problem I had BUT my wrong only would cost a few bucks with no shipping and maybe 5 minutes time to try.
It is not only the filter but I am changing almost the entire fuel system with the exception of the carbs. As per the carbs I followed Norms procedure and cleaned all the jets and other components. I am pretty sure the carbs is cleaner than my underwear though,,,heheheheh...lol. I just want to cheer up...and think positive..Thanks man.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
to get that gear off easy, you need an impact screwdriver, one smack and you have a loose screw. not sure why you want to take that off tho....

try adjusting your clutch via the cable holders hole. and the cable holder is the part where your cable sheath goes, allowing bare cable to pass on to the actuator lever. if you unscrew this, you can put a punch down there and hold the retaining ring. someone can probley go a little more detailed because i have not the patience at the time (lol im on my way to work, burning ****ty stale gas because i have to.... payday is 3 nights away and it was all i could find at work to get home on!)

it sounds to me like you have a tight clutch, especially if it idles high with the screw turned all the way in.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
a thing i observed yesterday i think my kill switch bleeds it just quit working so i wiggled my ground wire and guss what i got shocked hard which says to me its bleeding juice all the time to ground im gonna buy some spst switches from radio shack and set them up under the seat gives a little security and well i hope more fire to the plug, and when i sy bleeding i mean leakage to ground which robs juice to the plug

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
I thank that is why my first cdi burn out. I disconnected my kill switch just in case.

a thing i observed yesterday i think my kill switch bleeds it just quit working so i wiggled my ground wire and guss what i got shocked hard which says to me its bleeding juice all the time to ground im gonna buy some spst switches from radio shack and set them up under the seat gives a little security and well i hope more fire to the plug, and when i sy bleeding i mean leakage to ground which robs juice to the plug

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I think ya adjust the clutch (with the clutch lever locked down) by taking that little screw on the big wheel on the left side out and screwing the flower nut in till snug then back off a bit and put the small screw that holds it's position back in. Just for grinns take the flower nut all the way off along with the steel dish and see the clutch pads in there...wish car clutch plate was this easy to change LOL

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I shorten the fuel line just about 5 minutes ago and install the new intake, throttle cable. I was really anxious for a test drive but it is raining hear in NJ.
While I am waiting for the rain to clear up. I was trying to check the clutch. As someone from this thread to check it also. It seems like all gears (big gear and small gear to the right) are normal I guess. I cannot go beyond the gears through the clutch pads or lining because I cannot unscrew the small gear to the right. How do I unscrew it? See pics lined in red....:-||
I would not touch the clutch!
That will not have anything to do with the engine running right or wrong.

Read my signature.

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
Kevron, I think that is a good call. See how things go with all th new ork; you have replaced more than half of what folks thought might be a problem. I looked at your clutch pic. I think it loks ok, at lease what I was wondering might be wrong is not. I thought if your clutch was way out of whack, the shaft end with what George calls the 'flower nut' might be travelling too far when you pull the handle and jamming into the cover plate and stalling the engine. But the end of the shaft and the keeper 'flower' nut looks untouched, and I bet the inside of the cover is not scored either. Take a break and see what it does tomorrow. It's always better not to do too much before you retest; you can't tell what fixed it. Hang in!