Let me tell you about Duane at thatsdax....

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I ordered 2 carb's ,1 union washer and a clutch cable from him a couple weeks ago and I went to use my second carb and well just let me say,it was majorly defective....I called him up and told him the problem and he said,keep it as a spare and give me your adress and I will send you out a new one....Now that is what I call classic Duane service....3 years ago I ordered a kit from him and it went south within 500 miles(I thought it must have been something I did)so I ordered another one....Within 800 miles it went out to,so it tore it down and relized it was the copper bushing connecting to the piston was a defect and called him up and asked him about it....He said,give me your address and I will send you a couple engines I have laying around....Just like that,problem solved....
John-John.shft.

Adamt

Jun 8, 2009
Solana Beach CA
Yeah he helped me out for some reason the hole that sucks up gas in the carb was oval, he sent me out a new one after i sent him a pic. Ordered a slant head off of zoom bikes and like the power increase but Duanes motor was much smoother, Way easier to start and the guys at zoom/gasbike are not helpfull at all. He wanted $22 for a fuel shut off valve, The one i had leaked... Ended up fixing it though Definatelsy go with duane

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I also have had good dealings with Duane at Dax. I bought a 69 cc. engine kit from him and after starting the brake in the engine had a bad viberation in it at all speeds and not mush power. I called Duane and told him the problems i was haveing and he said to send it back and he would replace it. The engine that i received was alot smoother and more power. This is the kind of dealer to do bussines with that stands behind what they sell.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And it gets better when you know him personally. Duane lives just a few blocks from me and we see each other often. I'm one of those lucky ones who gets to try out his new creations. Funny how we met too. I was at a car show near where we live and Duane showed up on one of his bikes. I'd just ordered my first motor kit from Chris Hill and of course I had to talk to this guy with a motorized bicycle. When I told him I was waiting on a kit he asked why I didn't buy one from him and told me who he was. Boy, did I feel silly. I had not noticed his telephone number on his website, 303, which is the Denver area. Then I found out he lives practically in my back yard. Very cool guy to know, and not just because of the bikes. He's a gentleman and its a pleasure to be a friend.
Tom

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Ive called DAX twice on the phone asking about a bigger fuel tank and another time for some thing else and both times he ANSWERED the phone and took the time to answer my questions, for a 1 man operation this is extraordinary service and thats just my lil experience. My DE setup works flawless and Im happy with it Im still frustrated with it not working in wet weather and fall is upon us. Ive studied all the chain drives I CAN ON THE NET and his rear drive is my favorite. Rear drive is my favorite as a personal choice and as soon as funds become available hes getting my business.............price on the titan setup is great too!

Last edited: