Oil on engine

GoldenMotor.com

Beetle Juice

Jun 6, 2009
north carolina
Beetle Juice here I have a grubee 66cc engine just put it on my bike and have about 3 miles on it I am using amsoil Interceptor 20 to 1 ratio. Everytime I ride it I see oil when I stop seems as if it is coming from around the bottom front screw at the base of the cylinder I have enclose pic Is this normal to have some oil leaks and maybe that is where my bogging out may be coming from.

Attachments

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Could be coming from the case, but it looks so dirty. I'll bet dimes to donuts - it's leaking from the exhaust. It's just that it's hot enough that you aren't seeing liquid....

Does it smell more like oil/exhaust or gas?

Clean it off, ride just a little bit and see where it starts from.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Looks to me like there is no main gasket and that is allowing oil into where the case bolts are and leaking there. Can you see a gasket down the centerline of the case?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It looks like it is indeed coming from that screw. The main gasket in the cases might be bad right behind it!
Take the screw out & use silicone gasket to seal the threads & head of the screw.

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN
Did you take the engine apart, throw the gaskets away, and "improve" it by using red silicon in place of the gaskets? The clutch cover looks like it.
I don't think the fit between the castings is close enough to do that.