What the heck is this

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
were I to do much with the HT basic design, I'd first add an oil injector to eliminate biggest gripe of customers

seems that huge batt/ign box will be a hard mount for many frames

any mention in their letter about EPA and/or road use certs?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
so far, I see no mention of these on bikeberry
Nor do I, but that is your typical 'slow boat from China' scenario.

Anyway, just to keep everyone the loop, here is the e-mail I got today.
Don't you love the Chinese conversion to English translation? hehehe.

---
[FONT=&quot]Hello Friend,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your kind information![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have checked your website already.Sure you the right broker that we are looking for.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely to cooperate with you in the field of our newest bike engine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The truth of newest bike engine is 69cc.His bore*stroke is 47mm*40mm. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One sample can be delivered for your test in advance.You can pay via pay pal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total payment is $344 USD (be delivered to you door/including pay pal fee)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In order you know more details of this new engine,attached the speicification for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By the way,we are the only dealer of this new engine in the world. Also,Grube don't have this new engine in stock.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If he need it,he has to buy this new engine from us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]May i know your opinion?And how many do you buy in your bulk order?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wait for your fast reply![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]--[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best regards & Akili Cui[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jilin Zeda Technology Co.,Ltd[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email:[email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatsapp/Tel:+86 177 9005 6990[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skype:[email protected] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Facebook:Akili Cui[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Linked in:Cui Akili[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Website:www.jlzeda.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1)Exchange Rate:USD:RMB=1:6.1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2)Validity of all Price:15 days![/FONT]
---
Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer but being honest other than claiming 5HP in the spec sheet, that is yet to be scene.

I replied to the e-mail.
In essence I'll pay shipping, but I want a free kit to test ;-}

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Nor do I, but that is your typical 'slow boat from China' scenario.
You have to PAY for your "sample"? I suppose that since you're expected to "test" it, you can return it for a refund? I like how he ends it basically with a "so, how many engines shall I put you down for?".

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check out "Gas Bike Alley" group on Facebook. Jack Allison recently ordered one of these kits and is documenting assembly and testing in this group.
So far, it looks very interesting! I have seen video of a rider from MZMiami, but it was very slow. Claims of better speed&power have not been documented yet.....but LOTS of folks watching carefully!
The vid I saw sounded like the engine was blubbery rich and not running anywhere near right, so I'm not yet ready to ignore this.
Claims of 5hp seem a bit much, but rumors has it they rip with a pipe. Waiting for more info myself.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The negotiations proceeds but I can't disclose much more at the moment, but suffice to say I am a good negotiator, like when I got a full Nuvinci developer kit for free, that is the programmable auto shifting internal shifter.

The box on the back has all the electronics and battery.
Neat system but that is for another topic, but the point remains the same.
I don't test and document in detail for a vendor for free ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Here is a kit with it on alibaba --They claim it's 5 horse power.
Yep, 70cc 5hp.

It runs good.
My 12V SLA is a bit unruly to fit on the back rack but ya, she generates power, just been using the pull start until I get a different SLA.

Note they come without a battery, and for bulk shipments to the US they come in two boxes, the jug is removed and in the second box to evade Customs as just boxes of parts, not an operational EPA un-approved engine.

Bikeberry bought a bunch, I wonder who they have putting them together as mine came Fed-Ex assembled.

Anyway I have nothing bad to say about the engine, my helper has been commuting on it for a week and he loves it, just beware that it has a lot of wires to hide and they go through that plastic box.

I documented the whole build here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=948 if you want to see more as it's a bit much to repost here.http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Very cool build KC, Darn that motor is really wide! Looking forward to you trying out the electric starter. Does it start with one pull? One would think with somewhat high compression it wouldn't be super easy to pull start.
Yea that factory junction box looks like a very odd shape on a bike.
I would think if one transferred the guts into a round steel to mimic an oil tank of 4-5 inches in dia. with a removable cap, It would look pretty decent. Painted PVC tube would also be a huge improvement also.
Just interesting to see something different. Anyhow I certainly look forward to more of your evaluation of design, performance and quality, etc. thanks for the nice picture thread also KC.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Very cool build KC, Darn that motor is really wide! Looking forward to you trying out the electric starter.
Does it start with one pull?
One would think with somewhat high compression it wouldn't be super easy to pull start.
Wide but not really an issue on the Pantera frame.

I haven't tried the pull start, Joe does all the test riding so it was already running when I took my only ride, but it seems to work well and much preferable to bump start.

My second ride will be with the electric start, and lights, at night ;-}

That factory junction box looks like a very odd shape on a bike.
I would think if one transferred the guts into a round steel to mimic an oil tank of 4-5 inches in dia. with a removable cap, It would look pretty decent.
Absolutely Doable.
The CDI doesn't even need to be in a box, but note is a not standard CDI...
Well it might be, just with different mounts is all. The point is it mounts different.

You would just need something for the 2 electrical system parts and I have all kinds of 'somethings', this build was just 'use whats in the box' best I could to give it a fair evaluation.

Heck, if I was building it for myself it would be on a GT2 frame with a shift kit decked out with all kinds of uses for on-board 12V ;-}

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
that link is not working KC. O.K. tried it again today and it works now. It looks pretty good to me. A pretty simple install. Simple to ride.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
These engines are getting very good reviews so far.....only thing I see as a problem is much wider motor, and that buttugly battery box in stock form....

ps link works for me

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
that link is not working KC
Hehehe ya, my server is in Norway and the provider decided to just change the IP address out of the blue, kind of like somebody just changing you home address, it's fixed ;-}

Note, without the electric start hooked up the pull start has already broke in ~50 pulls so it is defiantly just for back-up.