motorized bicycles vs EMP

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Re: Motorized Bicycle vs EMP

Am I the only "present person" who realizes how bad the stench would be from all those rotting, decaying' "former persons?" Who wants that form of energy pollution in their neighborhood? Folks think coal fired stinks...
Use the methane produced from their rotting bodies to fire a mini power plant. :D

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Thanks Baird! Looks like my kinda movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Snow

Gonna break my habit of being completely off topic here but have a question. After the Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, how come there weren't any problems with her engines? Obviously, it must just be the distance but watching the films, seemed mighty close.

The question crossed my mind this morning when I started on the outline for "MotorBikes and Zombies" (The epic, block buster independent film) I am thinking we do a thread and every one writes thier own character's dialog. Then, when it is done give it to a college kids to do it as a class project. Then show it in college town theaters at midnight on weekends. After it becomes a cult classic, we all get filthy rich and go out for drinks.

wut?

LOL, well at least some of that was on topic....

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Was gonna make a joke about coeds auditioning for the role of "naked, hot zombie chic" but then thought that would be a great scene for the trailer.

A "Joey" like character from "Friends" (the TV show) is running for his life. As he runs past NHZC, (naked hot zombie chick) he stops and asks; "How you doing?"

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

Thanks Baird! Looks like my kinda movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Snow

Gonna break my habit of being completely off topic here but have a question. After the Enola Gay dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, how come there weren't any problems with her engines? Obviously, it must just be the distance but watching the films, seemed mighty close.

The question crossed my mind this morning when I started on the outline for "MotorBikes and Zombies" (The epic, block buster independent film) I am thinking we do a thread and every one writes thier own character's dialog. Then, when it is done give it to a college kids to do it as a class project. Then show it in college town theaters at midnight on weekends. After it becomes a cult classic, we all get filthy rich and go out for drinks.

wut?

LOL, well at least some of that was on topic....
From what I understand of nuclear weapons, a nuclear bomb has to be detonated at approx. 4 miles in the atmosphere. The bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima as just that: dropped. It was dropped and detonated to cause massive damage to property and life, not to cause an EMP.

And what was that about getting filthy rich and going out for drinks?! I'm IN!! :D

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas

There were no microchips on the Enola Gay. The EMP destroys computerized circuits.

Old points engines will keep working even when the CDI/EFI stuff gets zapped.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

From what I understand of nuclear weapons, a nuclear bomb has to be detonated at approx. 4 miles in the atmosphere. The bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima as just that: dropped. It was dropped and detonated to cause massive damage to property and life, not to cause an EMP.

And what was that about getting filthy rich and going out for drinks?! I'm IN!! :D
I honestly had one liner joke for the Dodge Dude character and for the life of me can't remember it. I hate that. Hope it wasn't good. we really gotta do this. (the screenplay thing) I doubt it will amount to much but would be a heck of a lot of fun.

There were no microchips on the Enola Gay. The EMP destroys computerized circuits.

Old points engines will keep working even when the CDI/EFI stuff gets zapped.
Cool. Thanks, Cowboy.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo

Dan, your one liner was: getting filthy rich from a dirty bomb, I'll drink to that! Actually, the real money is in ppmr (previous person methane reclamation) And what are you guys doing on this forum on Christmas day? Oh yeah, never mind.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Dan, your one liner was: getting filthy rich from a dirty bomb, I'll drink to that! Actually, the real money is in ppmr (previous person methane reclamation) And what are you guys doing on this forum on Christmas day? Oh yeah, never mind.

Just hanging out with the 'family'.......

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Har, snork @ PPMR, Moto. We gotta use that. Also zombies on tread mills generating electricity for the compound.

Wut? waste not... don't have to kill em yet.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I honestly had one liner joke for the Dodge Dude character and for the life of me can't remember it. I hate that. Hope it wasn't good. we really gotta do this. (the screenplay thing) I doubt it will amount to much but would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Cool. Thanks, Cowboy.
lolfail :p
Complete boredom. lol

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

that's why i said their legs would wear off eventully. shoes or not..

and no matter what the smell of rotting flesh is gonna be everywhere. a little fabreze and some vicks vapor rub on your upper lip and you'll be ok.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL. That would make a great Febreze commercial. Have the blindfolded walk up behind the perimeter/wire where the knubby, peg legged varmints are stuck on tread mills,generating electricity.

"It smells like a sunny meadow."
"Take off your blindfold. You have been next to 16 decaying zombies...."

Hmmm, cross promotional, advertising opportunity?

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

That's called "Product Placement".. they'll usually throw money in the pot to get products on screen.

So, the shot has to show the 'Stihl' name on the saw, the wielder's t-shirt should have a company logo (the wielder wears something like a Peterbilt or Freightliner shirt, the Zombie gets a shirt for a Prius or other hybrid), then he/she has to crack a bevvy (holding it so the branding shows) post-chopping to relieve thier thirst. Then give the remains a kick with thier 'Doc Martins' as they hop on thier motorized bike.

Ta-da! In one scene you get to flash at least four to six products, and half the bills for the camera gear and editing are covered.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Cool thought, CT.

I was thinking cross promotion because it would be easier to sell. (trade mention of our movie in their commercial for what your suggesting) Not sure any manufacturer or supplier would pay up front for something as insane as this, snork

Be really cool if that would work.

What other zombie and zombie related products are there that we could exploit? (Hank Hill moment, there)

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Cool thought, CT.

I was thinking cross promotion because it would be easier to sell. (trade mention of our movie in their commercial for what your suggesting) Not sure any manufacturer or supplier would pay up front for something as insane as this, snork

Be really cool if that would work.

What other zombie and zombie related products are there that we could exploit? (Hank Hill moment, there)

You'd be surprised. After all, look at the "B" movies they are making and release straight to able lately.. "Sharknado," "Avalanche Sharks" and so on.

Another approach would be to find a university that does screen/film/makeup etc courses for the industry. Find the right prof and bunch of students who need a 'thesis' equivalent production at the end of thier school year. They'll do all the technical work.
Then you find local (to that university) businesses, not big international chains. Fewer levels of approval for the product usage.

For example (using my region) we'd approach Univ. of B.C. or Simon Fraser Univ. for the people. Then we'd go looking for 'local' businesses, like "Granville Island Brewing" or "Whistler Brewing". Maybe a restaurant chain like "De Dutch", of course you'd have to have a coffee company like "Seattle's Best" (Tim's and Starbucks are too big, remember). A local silkscreen printing company for t-shirts (marketable after the movie is realeased, too).

And so on...

(I think about things way too much sometimes)