Question on Clutch housing and oil

GoldenMotor.com

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Hi I have a 31cc 4 cycle engine on a friction kit.

? one the inside of the clutch housing has been worn smooth, is there any benefit, to roughing it up, or is smooth just the nature of the beast.

Next is the oil, the instructions did not say and the with the dip stick
Would you measure the oil as the stick is unscrewed slide in and out and measure, or screw in and and then out. it only has about 3.5 oz of oil when filled to the point where I can see it at the bottom of the tube and sloshing back and forth to see it.

Even with it unscrewed the mark seems to low for it to be right, China tech ya know....

I do not want to over fill or under fill this lil motor

this reads badly for that I am sorry.

This is the engine, I hope this works

Thanks and happy biking!

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If you are referring to the inside of the clutch bell, smooth is normal.

If it were my engine I would do everything I could to find a manual for it on the internet.
That said, nearly all dip sticks are supposed to be dipped. Do not screw it in to take a reading, just "dip" it into the hole until it stops, no threading it in, then pull it out and read the level.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
I find it hard to believe that is your motor being I am the one that took that picture!!!

one quart will last about 4 oil changes in theses little motors so 3.5 to 4 ounces is about right. If you rough up the clutch bell you will tear the friction pads right off the clutch.