Black ice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
OMG NOT the way I wanted to start off my New Year 2012 A week ago tomorrow I left the house at around 5 am as I usually do on weekends to go get a coffee then cruise around check the bar room parking lots for cash blowing in the wind , cell phones wallets ect I've even found whole entire people on the ground. sleeping off the rough night before "I return them if I find em .Wallets W/ Money and everything " same with the cell phones" Usually find the owner by just dialing the last number called. However if I find a wad of cash "& I have" with no way to find it;s owner its mine baby.

Anyway as I was coming home i made a left to turn into my parking lot and KASLAMMMMO I hit the black Ice and went down hard & fast. , So quick and hard when I hit the ground my feet were still on the pedals absolutely no time to react Cracked a rib and bruised two others 5" gash on my right leg just under knee cap . If I didn't have my helmet on I bet I would be in a coma , My head hit so hard i thought my eye balls were gonna poop out of my head I knocked the wind out of me so I sat there hoping no one was looking at me. So moral to the story get some studs if ya gonna ride in New England. chances are if there is frost on the cars, there could very easily be a spot that can take you out . !

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ouch! Sorry to hear that you went down!
Black ice is one memory of living in Wisconsin that I do not miss.....
I hope that you heal quickly, and get some studs on those tires!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Definitely don't want to visit some of the hospitals around here. The care isn't so bad, but they're still working on making the food edible. Studs sound good, we want you to stay with us.
Oh, you're getting a new helmet later too, right? I know that probable should go without saying; it's just that I've known guys who've taken slight spills, brushed them off, and were still wearing the same helmet that took the knocks. There aren't many (any?) good ways to tell if these helmets have internal or concealed cracks or other structural damage. Mine had some very obvious damage after a nasty spill I took a while back, and a nice sized crack. I could see plainly that mine was done.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thank You Guys!!
I'm not healing near as fast as I would like. Still in severe pain & I was coming down with a cold when I crashed , so now I'm coughing daily that itself is almost the worst pain Ive ever had to endure ..almost.. Then as I was sleeping on my Lazy boy the other night "have to sleep on it cant get in or out of bed My loving cat jumped off a shelf about a foot up on the wall right onto my chest ...BAD KITTY CAT the cat is still alive but I bet he has more Airborne time than I do now :) J/\K

However that cat stunt "I'm sad to say" re aggravated cracked ribs big time. Like a wanna be tough guy, I refuse all pain Meds I feel they just mask the pain you need & you end up doing more damage in the long run . I'm a firm believer your body needs to & will tell you when to stop & if you cant feel these warnings, be them slight or severe" you end up doing more damage Just my stupid stubborn way of thinking is all
P.S. Remember folks
"Rubber side DOWN"

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
"Definitely don't want to visit some of the hospitals around here."

I hear ya there just look what they did to your Pro Football Team . :) OUCH
I was wondering .."What if they got Elie Manning from the Giants" to stand in for Big Bro!!
Can you imagine the controversy not to mention the revenue that would create?

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yes, they mask the pain. They don't remove it, they mitigate it.

I'll take the drugs, thanks.

Heal up and ride again.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I was wondering .."What if they got Elie Manning from the Giants" to stand in for Big Bro!!
The Colts should be so lucky. Peyton was great before, but now - due to the nature of his injury - he has to think long and hard about whether he can risk getting back on the field.
Though the Colts will be hosting the Superbowl in 2012, I'm not convinced they'll be playing in it.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Driving through Texas once in my '80 Toyota pickup with low camper shell- I hit some black ice on a perfectly straight stretch of I40 and a GUST OF WIND blew the back end around-

absolutely nothing I could do- went into the median backwards and plowed into some snow- no damage.

Yeah- just DON'T RIDE ON ICE.

sorry- forecast for the week 70's through Wed (rain then) and then upper 60's here in jacksonville.

Got a concussion on my paper route when I fell on ice on my bike back in the late '60's in Indianapolis,

but now, like Mr. MANning, I'm JUST NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
"Hold Your Head Up" was playing on the Toyota's radio. Holy shades of Billy Mummy Toy Machine gun commercial Batman!

Tall coffee's up another $.16 at The Star's Always A Dudy, a Tal Vase I guess.

but the 50cc navigated more than 5 miles of the mean streets of Jacksonville again today without any Alabama Tov's exploding in front of me.

We now must say goodbye,
Yeah.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wasn't riding a bike, but walking my dogs. Took a step and both feet went out from under me. I hit hard and limped for a few days. Oh, and one of my dogs fell too. My Golden Retriever went down but in dog years he's younger than me so he was fine, just looked at me, embarrassed.

Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Jumpa,
Sorry to hear about your accident and I am particularly sorry that it'll compounded by the pain that will occur at Gillette Stadium when your team get's Tebowed :)