Can I Use This Oil

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I was looking around the garage today and found some synthetic blend Pennzoil Marine 2-Cycle outboard oil. I would rather not see it go to waist but dont know if I can use it for my china girl. It states that its recommended for premix and injector systems, so could I use it?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
For the benefit of those who didn't see the information you probably read, outboard motor oil, as a rule, is formulated for water cooled engines only. They typically run at a lower temperature than an air cooled engine therefore the oil might not hold up to the higher temperature requirements and fail. We always suggest to look for a 2 cycle oil specially made for air cooled engines.
Good luck with your project. Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
There are many, many people wiser than I who are very particular about the mix oil they use for their 2 smoke engines.

I am not discriminating. :) I'll run anything that claims it will work for 2 stroke lubrication. Never burned one up for lack of lube. in 50 years.
I HAVE fouled many plugs using too much oil, though.

IMO tolerances are so poor in a china motor that any sauce will do the job.
if I were racing??? then I'd probably find a way to run the Opti2 at 100:1.

I'm a genuine, ingrained hack.
Buy a jug of proper oil and mix the two together... :)
run it at 40:1

Best
rc

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I was looking around the garage today and found some synthetic blend Pennzoil Marine 2-Cycle outboard oil. I would rather not see it go to waist but dont know if I can use it for my china girl. It states that its recommended for premix and injector systems, so could I use it?
Just mix it 32:1 and ride. It won't cause you motor to 'splode under normal conditions.

Indeed it's NOT best to run water cooled engine 2 stroke oil in the China Bombs. But as long as you don't weigh 392 #'s, ride like an arse with roids, and it's not 106°F, you'll be OK.