My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
I waited 2 months before zb put the correct instructions up, it was a pita! I'm almost ready to build another lol!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum Dr.8820! I had that same bike it was my first go at these motorized Jewels. Loved the J Shaft kit had one too. How did ya do the front mount?

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
I used the extra engine spacer and cut the bolts and used the universal mount that came with the kit. I went thru a couple engine bolts, thank goodness ace hardware is close by :). it was trial and error as these things usually are! please forgive me for lack of capitalization, I usually post from my phone :).

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
I have a question: should petaling the bike with a jackshaft kit be really hard to petal? (trying to start the engine :()

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
Thanks! I'm going to bypass building up my legs and just get a pull start lol! Does anyone know where to get one besides boygofast?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
why dont you want to get anything from bgf? pirate cycles has them but you gotta make sure your crank arm clears. If the arm passes the cover on the ignition side chances are it wont work I had that issue

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
why dont you want to get anything from bgf?
as with these china girls, something was broken out the box, the fuel filter on the petcock. i ordered one from bgf and my account was randomly flagged by paypal and i had to answer some security questions, but it still wouldn't let me on. i emailed bgf about it as well as paypal, bgf never responded but had ebay put a strike for non-payment. i bought the pull start from lucky early bird, but i think they're the same folks....oh well! while waiting, i changed the rims and tires, and added different handlebars...which of course means i have to re-wire everything :(.....i'll post pics in the morning :).

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
as with these china girls, something was broken out the box, the fuel filter on the petcock. i ordered one from bgf and my account was randomly flagged by paypal and i had to answer some security questions, but it still wouldn't let me on. i emailed bgf about it as well as paypal, bgf never responded but had ebay put a strike for non-payment. i bought the pull start from lucky early bird, but i think they're the same folks....oh well! while waiting, i changed the rims and tires, and added different handlebars...which of course means i have to re-wire everything :(.....i'll post pics in the morning :).
yes bgf and leb are the same folks..

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
My Schwinn Skyliner, which took 2 months to build because the jackshaft instructions were wrong.
I want to build a bike with the jackshaft kit but something is saying it's not for me right now. With that and the right mods my mountain bike would be like a 65cc dirt bike and I think I'd snap the frame from jumping :-||

I decided to go with single speed cruiser for my first build. I will post project pics in the near future.

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I tried using my mountain bike (the one in the video I posted earlier) on some hills and such and the engine would have a hard time trying to stay alive. I don't know if it was the engine or the carb but it wasn't getting enough gas to it when I would roll up and down, so I quit trying to do that lol!

Dr.8820

Dec 20, 2010
Freakville
Well, I can't do business with the Rico group aka boygofast and luckyearlybird.....does anyone know where I can get a pull start from?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.