speedometer

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've got a vintage NOS Stewart Warner speedo in the box i'll sell you for 50 bucks plus shipping.

it's the best you can get, but once you start going over 40, they like to burn out. but it should last longer than those cheap "vintage look" speedos made with plastic gears.

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
where can i get a motorcycle (dial) style speedometer thats easy to install and at a decent price?
Whizzer USA has a black plastic one that seems to actually hold up to high 30 mph speeds for a decent price

I tried to upload a pic......this error message is just plain dumb......
IMG_7391.jpg:
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1024 x 768. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 682 x 1023
The black Whizzer speedometer is available. Its a
black plastic body with a plastic face

Black Speedometer Assembly Complete w/ Gear

Toll free: 877-WHIZZER (944-9937)
Ask them to ship with USPS as its cheaper

You have to buy all the parts separately now, cable , drive etc

Last edited:

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I have one of those cheapy plastic ones. It does work, my bike doesn't go over 30 anyway so no danger there. The only problem is that the cable that come with it is like one or two inches too short to put it where I want it on my handle bars. I ended up switching to a digital speedometer.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dont go with the cheap plastic speedometer in my opinion, I did and it lasted 47 miles and then shelled out on me, the odometer still worked but the speedo part failed very quick, the needle flew off first, I took the lens cover off and put the needle back on and then it started trying to just spin all th eway around the dial a few miles after that, but the stop peg would just hold it until it came off again, my bike tops out at around 38mph and the things wont take it at all, I have a wireless digital speedo now and it works great.

cigron

Nov 18, 2009
wormleysburg pa
I have used cateye enduro for years on bicycles and motorcycles.
They have A thicker wire then most of the others. www.nashbar.
is were I got mine.They have alot of others that are water prof
just stay away from the wireles they wont work with A ignition system.