Noob From Idaho

GoldenMotor.com

abeemanator

May 22, 2010
Payette, ID
My name is Andrew and i joined this forum to learn more about my 2 stroke 49cc engine.
I don't have a cool looking bike like some Ive seen on here, but mines coming around, I like working more with the electrical parts of my bike. I will have a small 6v motorcycle battery on my bike with a Silicon Rectifier charging the battery, and allowing me to have a headlight, tail light, horn and turn signals. Some people say thats too much of a load. but i can run an 1157 12v 23 watt bulb without the battery on, just the rectifier. The one thing some people seem to dont know is the generator on the bike will run high powered lights no problem as long as the lights negative is not the engine ground, but the black wire that goes to the CDI and using the white as positive. I use an old dirt bike handlebar control to control the horn, headlight and turn signal. If anyone needs some electrical help i can help, but i dont know about Resisters and Diodes about the only thing i know is what a capacitor does.
zpt