SKYHAWK vs. REGULAR MOTORS

GoldenMotor.com

datonamanmike

Jul 11, 2008
can someone please lay out the difference between the
grubee skyhawk and the regular motors out there
is it just a sticker on the side or is there something else ??

thanks in advance

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Grubbee makes a lot of claims as to how their kits are superior, yet I have not seen it in the real world.

They also start false hype about epa bans ect.

I would read up on these engine kits here on the forum and make your own decision. As for your question, I will say that the basic componenets are the same, except the carb and a few minor other things. They are still a chinese engine kit in a box and you are buying a semi-unknown quantity when you buy one.

These are hobby engines, and may or may not run right, vibrate, ect. when you mount them up....but that's part of the fun.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
They do have a fancy sticker, but then so do a lot of these engines, anybody with a printer can make anything they want to stick on the side of their engine.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Grubbee makes a lot of claims as to how their kits are superior, yet I have not seen it in the real world.

They also start false hype about epa bans ect.

I would read up on these engine kits here on the forum and make your own decision. As for your question, I will say that the basic componenets are the same, except the carb and a few minor other things. They are still a chinese engine kit in a box and you are buying a semi-unknown quantity when you buy one.

These are hobby engines, and may or may not run right, vibrate, ect. when you mount them up....but that's part of the fun.

It is like Bikeguyjoe says, some hold higher claims..............
YD (Yuan Dong) or NTJL (Nantong Jiali) factories Grubee engines.
Raw engines- Jiangdu Flying Horse Factory.
Boy go Fast engines- Rico group imports.
Grubee Generation II's claim to have a superior installation kit.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I agree, they all come in a box from china, sticker or no sticker there all the same! as a hobby engine, its a roll of the dice! its how the motor is set up on frame and mounted and tuned and adjusted! unless the claim is, its had extra mods done, such as a few do, to make the engine that much better. from what Ive seen about the skyhawk is, they use the small bmx chain in their kit opposed to the HD 415. I use #41 chain anyway, but other than that there all the same if you ask me! Ive bought many motors from a few distributer's and installed and (knock on wood) have not had a motor failure yet! 3500 miles in year and a half on my first motor and still rides strong, top speed 38MPH!

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
I'm going to post a Youtube video but all I know is my $100 "RAW" 66cc engine installed into a Schwinn beach cruiser does 40mph stock! I've been running it around town for a few weeks and had no problems. I am a sea-level but I've done nothing to the bike but put good oil into the gas. I did just buy a skyhawk slant head engine but I haven't installed it into a bike yet. I did pay a little more for the Skyhawk but the way I look at it is, if it brakes...who cares! Throw it in the gutter and go buy another! $100 is cheap fun. I know China sucks but I put a knock off Honda engine into my CT70 mini trail and it does almost 70mph. Can't even do a top end job on a Honda engine for the price you can buy a "turn key" china engine. Cheap HP is the way I look at it. I hate the sticker on the skyhawk btw! I do like the smaller chain.