4 stroke huasheng bicycle engine loss of power

GoldenMotor.com

Press718

Sep 16, 2016
FL , Jacksonville
.bld. I'm kinda new to this but I have a question for anyone who knows about the four stroke huasheng bicycle engine how can you tell when you're CDI has went bad besides knowing about the spark I'm getting a spark but the engine it has no power meaning it won't go any Faster then 10 miles an hour at Full Throttle it just doesn't go any faster than 10 miles an hour the engine just doesn't have any more power I have changed the spark plug I have bought a new carburetor and I still have this issue with no power it doesn't bog out it doesn't stall it just has no power if anyone can help me with an idea that might be causing this problem I would greatly appreciate you letting me know because the only thing I can think of now would be the CDI...

Press718

Sep 16, 2016
FL , Jacksonville
I'm kinda new to this but I have a question for anyone who knows about the four stroke huasheng bicycle engine how can you tell when you're CDI has went bad besides knowing about the spark I'm getting a spark but the engine it has no power meaning it won't go any Faster then 10 miles an hour at Full Throttle it just doesn't go any faster than 10 miles an hour the engine just doesn't have any more power I have changed the spark plug I have bought a new carburetor and I still have this issue with no power it doesn't bog out it doesn't stall it just has no power if anyone can help me with an idea that might be causing this problem I would greatly appreciate you letting me know because the only thing I can think of now would be the CDI...

Press718

Sep 16, 2016
FL , Jacksonville
I looked at it today and the timing was on point do you think that if the cdi isn't giving off enough power to the spark plug ? i have another motor and they both do the exact something but the other motor does have a little more power then this one im having the problem with its just seem weird to me.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
You should check the fuel flow from the gas line before it hits the carb. Pull it off and look for a steady stream. You could also check the gas cap vent.
The spark wire connector in the boot might be bent up or not contacting the plug like it should. Could be bad gas. Could be a spark plug gap too wide.
That's all I can think of that are easy fixes.
Hope you get it running better.
Is your overall gearing (rear sprocket) from a kit? Maybe it's too tall or something.

Last edited:

Press718

Sep 16, 2016
FL , Jacksonville
the sprocket is from a kit and its a 32 teeth sprocket i took the fuel filter out a few weeks ago thinking that was the problem but that wasn't the problem i check the gap in the spark plug it was also good man a this point im just going to just buy another motor lol..

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
so you think it to small ?
Maybe.
I was waiting for an experienced 4 stroke Huasheng guy to let us know.
It would be waay too small for a stock 66cc Chinagirl. It would bog out for sure.
They use a 44, mine has a 40 and big hoop 29" rims so it is a little too tall.
Some guys run a 36 with modded engines to get high top speeds.
A 32 would be pretty small.
Edit
I went to gasbike and looked up a huasheng 49cc kit and its rear sprocket was a 44.
Here-
http://www.gasbike.net/collections/...-drive-kit-with-huasheng-49cc-4-stroke-engine

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Per displacement, a ChinaGirl should actually put out more power than a comparable fourstroke, and I do believe they do. 32 teeth at the rear wheel is pretty tall. The fact you've mentioned that two motors have behaved the same, indicates that my assumption is correct. Go to a 44t, I'll bet your motor spools out much higher, and you'll be trucking a lot faster than 10. For goodness sakes, most of these smaller motors buck and snort and argue at that low speed, gear down so that motor can get past an idle!

I drop the clutch on Murder around 8mph, or three pedal strokes...

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
The 4 strokes tend to be used with a 44 or larger sproket from my research. Im using a 44 on my set up and it has plenty of take off and acell with a reasonable top of about 27 mph last i checked. Its still newish and im heavy with a lot of edc gear (heavy chains and locks and tools and a pack with stuff. The take off is just a bit sluggish but with no bogginess, so i imagine if i went taller in sprocket i would get some bog on take off. Its about the perfect set up amd it came that way. I also use a hub adapter but that neither here nor there there for power or speed. Just convenience really.

Last edited:

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
I hesitate to mention it but dielectric grease may not totally solve the problem but it wont hurt it any of you arent already using it. It may be a power problem, so make sure there is nothing between the cdis coil and the magneto on the rotor. No build up or other ablative stuff. However, im feeling more of a carb issue here. Make sure again theres no leaks and that the float, its directional is sitting right side up. If like me, you are using a tank that isnt "kit" (mines a large rack mounted marine tank) make sure you are not getting air in the line, this causes me similar problems with bogginess, sputtering, and dying, but its sporadic, not chronic and consistent, but its something to check. Make sure your air cleaner is clear and not gummed or dusted up or otherwise obstructed. Make sure tour choke is functioning too. If for some reason its loose, it can cause exactlt what you are talking about and in some cases, you might not notice it because what you are doing to close it might be undone by what you do just before you examine it. Someone mentioned jetting, which is something ive never had problems with, but hey cant hurt to check it and learn. I had the choke problem with a cheap two stroke china girl, the choke on the carb was split and bolted together with a cheap screw. The carb set so that the chokes plane of motion was perpendicular to gravity which means it would fall... over the intake... while underway and.... bog.... loss of power... blue screen of death. Took me a bit to figure it out becsuse the arm to move the choke would look likenit was open but the business end would be closed. Periodically tightening the screw solved it. So hopefully its something simple or several simple things.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
My engine came with the sq cdi. It went dead. I ordered one from Gasbike, and received the round body type. Once installed, I had no power, it wouldn't rev, I contacted Kc to see if he had the sq body, yes he did. So upon receiving the sq body cdi and installing, she was once again running correctly.The round body on top the engine, the correct one on the engine

Attachments

Last edited:

Press718

Sep 16, 2016
FL , Jacksonville
Thanks for the info im going to buy a new cdi first and if im still having the same problem then I'm going to buy a carb and go from there i will let you know what happens thanks again for ur info..