what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I built a Fred kit engine using a PK69.5/80cc as a base and test fit the engine, I'll have to either re-design a Sportsman Flyer intake manifold in order to the air filter onto the RT performance carb or buy another ?

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I built a Fred kit engine using a PK69.5/80cc as a base and test fit the engine, I'll have to either re-design a Sportsman Flyer intake manifold in order to the air filter onto the RT performance carb or buy another ?
Order a pirate cycles intake, its a nice port matchd intake and will give you much more room for the air filter.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Tweaked a bit on my home made exhaust and made some slight adjustments to the carb....she briefly hit 33mph!! I think that I'm at the limit with this stock sprocket. Hmmm.....I wonder how long that will stay on there??? :D
Looks good.......nice and compact, a little black paint will slick that right up nice....

MAP

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

The intake needs to brought out to the right or left ,currently it hits the seat post and when we fit the motor we were using was an NT and much smaller then the RT the only intake I found on Pirates is about what I'm dealing with now.

I intend on powder coating the bike black with some light cream color inserts on the tank and oil box and an authentic Shaw decal on the tank, the bike will be similar in paint scheme to this Schwinn.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

I've got an extra that needs a use in this world........

Attachments

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Rode over to my buddy "EVIL'S" house today Hung out for a bit, and then went on my favorite scenic route around Outback around town . There is a pretty steep incline it's about a half mile long coming back into the edge of town , with my shift kit in 5th gear my older PK-80 I could take it to the top and I could make it in staying at 27 miles an hour, however with my DAX GP360 Balanced I top that same hill today at 31 miles an hour. It's a hill to be reckoned with .
.shft.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

I changed out the front tire on the beast this afternoon. It wasn't in the plans for the day, but it was sitting on just enough pressure to keep it off the rim. Pulled it, tracked down and patched a tiny pinhole in the innertube. The knobby I've been riding on is pretty worn, but showed no sign of anything stuck in it. I went to an 'All Terrain' street tire for a change. It's smaller, 1.75" compared to the 2.125" but it should be a slightly smoother ride.

Krealitygroup

Mar 16, 2013
Earth

Broke yet another chain.. I got the culprit though..
Chain slack + a part of the housing in the way.

Ordered new masterlink.
Lost my Chain Tensioner

Found A Chain Break tool at Harbor Freight for $15
Bought A camo tarp I will use, turning the bike into a blind for deer hunting once I get it running again

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Hunting is awesome. I would have an awesome time combining biking and hunting. motor assisted bicycle biking and hunting would be the best! Putter in and hide out, take your game, then fire it up and drag it out with a trailer or tow rope. hahahha. Maybe a pusher trailer with a 5HP Briggs, silencer muffler, and belt drive to a live axle would do it all. Then you could tie the deer down on the trailer and ride out.

Here's my deer/camping/fishing trailer (no engine) http://www.instructables.com/id/low-offroadcargo-bicycle-trailer-conversion-fro/

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

I took off the standard ''i'm riding a CB 1100 Hurricane'' goose neck and almost straight across handle bar

Then installed a nice aluminum billet goose neck ''SALVAGED FROM THE TOWN DUMP IT WAS PAINTED AN UGLY BLUE '' sanded it back to it's original brilliant aluminum luster also sanded and painted the standard BMX handle bars so i'm not laying on my stomach and other stuff when i'm riding i like to sit back and ride not lay on my stomach.

Now my bright red TREK is ready for the all black motor kit

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I changed out the front tire on the beast this afternoon. It wasn't in the plans for the day, but it was sitting on just enough pressure to keep it off the rim. Pulled it, tracked down and patched a tiny pinhole in the innertube. The knobby I've been riding on is pretty worn, but showed no sign of anything stuck in it. I went to an 'All Terrain' street tire for a change. It's smaller, 1.75" compared to the 2.125" but it should be a slightly smoother ride.
Expect a much rougher ride on any rough spots in the road, I put so fairly high dollar 1.75 tirw s on my Kulana bike a couple years ago and it rides like a tank on a rough road, fixing to go with some 2.125 tires for better width and a better ride.

Hope yours isn't same result as mine, I dont like the narrow 1.75 tires at all, less rubber on the road and rough riding.

Map

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

I think i'm going to have to drill a hole through the aluminum goose neck ao i can have front breaks as the other goose neck had a hoe that the front cable for the front brakes used as an anchor, unless I can fabricate some kind of an older reflector holder that resides on the goose neck into an that an anchoring point

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

looks like im selling my 1940 Western Flyer....a guy offered me $300 bucks for it, YOU CAN SEE the rear tire in the above photo

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

WALMART WAS NICE ENOUGH TO PROVIDE ME WITH A BOX FOR SHIPPING

Last edited: