Has anyone dealt with gasbike.net?

GoldenMotor.com

geeksquid

Feb 14, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has bought from this outfit in California and what your experience was. So far, my experience has been a nightmare.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I ordered my engine kit from gasbike.net.
I got the 48cc Dualstart starfire GT-2 Grubee for $149 + $37shipping. $186 total.
I received my kit in 4-5days right to my door(California to NY).
I payed a cheaper shipping price for UPS and they shipped it Fedex(usually cost more) and they did it for the same price.
Everything was in good shape besides minor stuff.
My engine runs excellant and still starts the first time.
I can cruise around 30mph with a top speed of 35mph and 180+mpg.
I have over 450miles on the engine with all stock parts.
I was happy with there service and ordered again from them,i broke a tab on my carb and ordered another carb and polished intake($38 including shipping) and received that in 6-7days right to my door by Fedex.

Last edited:

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
My son has gotten three engines from them all were fine, however communication was not as good as it could have been .He ordered an engine from them and they did not send an aknowledgement so he ordered it again and they sent him 2 engines . They would not take the extra engine back without charging him outrageous fees so we kept it . it is for sale in the swap and shop column in this forum Black Stallion 66/80 cc for sale .

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
gasbike and kings are either the same people or they are affiliated with each other. when you order from kings the billing goes through gasbike. i ordered a few kits from them. over half of them had bad kinked clutch cables, they wouldn't replace them. i guess you get what you get from them. engines ran good though. i order from bikeberry now.

all_thumbs

Aug 3, 2009
sanford, fl
I am waiting for an engine that I ordered from them as a part of a three engine order. The third engine was on a "pre-sale" and its shipping date was 7/8. I emailed them and they replied within a couple of days but it seems they did not understand that although I received my order, my third engine had not arrived. Kind of confusing but I hope everything gets figured out. Other than that they seem to be pretty good.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
I ordered the Jet 80CC engine kit for $150 including shipping across the country. Everything's great except the castings for the two bottom sides of the engine are not aligned correctly. The edges don't match up by about three or four milimeters.