My first build

GoldenMotor.com

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
Well my story started last August when I was bored and decided to surf the internet and several hundred dollars later, I have a Schwinn Cruiser or coaster bike with grubee GT5 engine, I have gone thru 5 carburetors and ended up with the NT carb. Tried the NT Speed and I just could not get the bike to crank very easy and had to run on choke for a long time before it would even out. One thing I did that made biggest improvement waas to take the short intake that I bought aftermarket and I cut it almost in half and bent it down until the carb bowl was level and then welded it back up and then ground it clean again. I am running the 44 tooth sprocket with the 415 chain (broke the one that came with it) added the NGK plug and new plug cap. Added front caliper brakes, added larger seat, added rack on rear for storage, added ape hanger handle bars and then bought the offset seat post that sets you back about 4 more inches, had to modify it to get it low enough to sit right. I have had to made lots of braces for fenders due to vibrations shaking them into. After all these months of work, I have a speedometer and today I got up to 30.5 mph. I have a Harley Ultra Classic Limited and I swear its more fun to ride the bike than the motorcycle. I want to change the sprocket to 40 tooth and maybe get another couple of mph but I feel pretty good with what I got. Oh yeah, i want to extend exhaust to back of bike to get exhaust smell off my pants. Will try to upload picture. dance1dance1dance1dance1

Last edited:

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
I tried to upload two pics and then each separately and it told me that it could not upload them. Don't know what I did wrong. Not an easy sight for uploading pics.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

I've owned many motorcycles in the past and had gotten the 'itch' again. This motorbicyle cured the 'itch' and saved me a ton of money! I've also met more interesting people on this than I ever did on a motorcycle.

Best of luck in your continuing adventure!!