gush from nashville

GoldenMotor.com

gushaman

Jul 18, 2012
nashville
howdy folks! my name is gush, and i am a general tinker/tech. i have built bikes for department stores, as well as high end boutiques. to tell the truth, the custom c.f. and Ti bikes ive built were easier than the chinese stuff. but im a poor guy, in heart and body. my current herd includes a vintage panasonic, a vintage jcpenney road racer (my dads from the 70s), and an aluminum haro v1 which has been to **** and back. i hope to learn how to mount my ryobi motor to a bike without buying a kit. i also want to learn to true rims and build wheels.

gushaman

Jul 18, 2012
nashville
thanks for the welcome, yeah ive never paid money for truing, usually just trade work/parts for work/parts. and ive already got sheldons page up in another tab!
the big problems i see with bike shops around here is thatnthey are either run by a huge corporation, or its a bunch of pretentious yuppies who think if your bike isnt new and expensive, you arent worth thier time

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
found the same goes and even more so the shops in Franklin and the one here in columbia is not any better. also search on youtube lots unless your building 48spoke wheels.
Its ok tho as when the spandexers get tired of the older bikes we can buy them cheap or get em free