Worksman INB frame differences?

GoldenMotor.com

david m

Mar 24, 2012
California
As I'm looking around at various builds (motorized and not) I'm noticing some Worksman INB frames that look like the top bars are parallel but I know the current versions are not parallel.

Am I seeing things, have these been modified, or are there different INB frame designs from different time periods?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
If the top bars are parallel it is not an INB frame. They make a couple different model frames. Check their web site. There are earlier and later model INB frames, too. The earlier frames have a different shape to the down tube and have a different open area shape between the middle and top tubes. In your pictures the top picture is the earlier INB frame. The lower picture is the later INB frame which is also the current production design.

david m

Mar 24, 2012
California
If the top bars are parallel it is not an INB frame. They make a couple different model frames. Check their web site. There are earlier and later model INB frames, too. The earlier frames have a different shape to the down tube and have a different open area shape between the middle and top tubes. In your pictures the top picture is the earlier INB frame. The lower picture is the later INB frame which is also the current production design.
Thanks for the info Pat. As far as building for a small powered BTR, is there any difference between the two frames? Seems like the parallel bars make for a nicer looking tank. Are there any fames out there that combine the curved front down tube of a Schwinn Panther with straight, parallel top bars? I'm guessing not.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I wonder which one my frame is, it has a pretty big gap between the top frame rail & the top of the tank

Last edited: