Help

GoldenMotor.com

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC

the crank hits the exhaust.. i also have a kill switch that doesn't work, even though i spliced it as i was supposed to do... any suggestions/help?

those rims are not true either and the tires are very old and falling apart... is it dangerous for me to ride them?

i think im going to buy new tires and put them on, then get a spoke wrench.. whnever i have some time and a decent guide i will do it myself.. i think replacing the tires will make it safer for now until someone shows me how to true the rims.. cause its way too expensive to replace them for me.. I am a student with limited money

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
yer going in the right direction,the exhaust you can take off and bend.there not that tough,helps to have a vice, truing wheels is just a matter of loosining one side and tighten the other, spoke wrench 7 bucks,try yer library they should have a book on bike repair,library? is that some kinda internet site?

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
if your rims are out of true, new tires wont do jack, buddy!
there are some great videos on youboob, that can show you how to true on the bike, as for the chain rubbing, get a manic mechanic sprocket adapter they're def' worth the money! as fr the exhaust, take a propane torch and slowly heat and bend then cool and check it on the bike repeat this process until happy- this is a slow process, but leaves little room for error!
try these things and see if they help...if not there's some pretty genious kds on here that can help with any wrenchin problems!

...oh, & some kill switches are just bunk, most riders remove them all together, I use mine w/a wiring diagram frm 2DOOR, works great for me...u may just need to get a new one

Last edited:

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
can i true my wheels with just a spoke wrench? or do i need other equipment...

i said i was going to get new tires because the ones i have now are very old, and look rotten..

will this work? Schwinn Spoke Wrench | Canadian Tire

i am going to do it tomorrow.. is their anything else I need? anything I should know?

and does anyone have any general advice for getting optimum performance out of my bike? things that won't put a dent in my wallet either..

.wee.