new engine kill switch not working

GoldenMotor.com

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Just got a RAW engine kit and the kill switch wont work. I wired blue to blue, black to black, then there was a green wire that I grounded and the kill switch wire which is red and yellow to the blue but its not shutting the engine off. Any help would be very appreciated. thanks

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Just got a RAW engine kit and the kill switch wont work. I wired blue to blue, black to black, then there was a green wire that I grounded and the kill switch wire which is red and yellow to the blue but its not shutting the engine off. Any help would be very appreciated. thanks
Make sure it's grounded directly to the frame. I know that's it's difficult if your frame is aluminum but try to ground it directly to the frame. If that doesn't work try scratching some of the paint where the ground goes off. That might help.

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Make sure it's grounded directly to the frame. I know that's it's difficult if your frame is aluminum but try to ground it directly to the frame. If that doesn't work try scratching some of the paint where the ground goes off. That might help.
I tried scratching paint off but it still wont work?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you follow the diagram you won't need to scratch paint. The black wire is the ignition ground and is connected to the engine case inside the magneto cover. That way you're not relying on an electrical connection to the bike frame.
Tom

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
Try manually shorting the white wire to the frame to see if it's the switch that's the problem.

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
If you follow the diagram you won't need to scratch paint. The black wire is the ignition ground and is connected to the engine case inside the magneto cover. That way you're not relying on an electrical connection to the bike frame.
Tom
Thanks Tom!! dance1