GoldenMotor.com

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've bought several sets of the heavy duty wheels from Bikeworld USA. They're a good value for the money. Chrome isn't great so you need to keep them dry. Creative Engineering makes a nice clamshell adapter for that rear wheel... makes for a clean installation and smooth ride.
SB

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
lookin to upgrade my rear wheel, and both tubes and tires. so far i have found these

wheel- Wheel Master 26x2.125, Rear, B/O, 5/6/7 Speed, H/D, Chrome, Wheel | BikepartsUSA

tubes- Pyramid 26x2.00/2.12 Presta Valve Tube | BikepartsUSA

tires- Kenda 26x2.125, Street, Black/White, 40 PSI, Tire | BikepartsUSA

i figure once i got these knobbys off and a rear wheel with a true hub and sprocket. any input on the choices?

does anyone know where i can find the non rag joint rear sprocket adapter?

Freewheel Sprocket & HD Axle Kit w/Brake - $49.99

Solid Sprocket & HD Axle Kit w/Brake - $49.99

If you have a bike shop near you or know how to lace your own wheels, I have found these to be a great addition. The brake kind of sucks, but the freewheel ability and the trueness of the sprocket along with ease of changine sprockets is great. Just a thought.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm going to be using this wheel on my current build Amazon.com: Weinmann DH-39 Alloy HD Rear Wheel Coaster Brake 26" / 36H 12G SS Black/Black: Sports & Outdoors Ya really can't go wrong and I think it's a heavy duty setup (Thanks Bairdco) Jim's Sprocket Adapter fits the hub perfectly and makes the wheel look bulletproof! I'm just waiting on his new and improved Engine Mounts, and I'll be cruisin'!
Thanks for the link. These heavy duty Weinmanns look like good rims and will be my next set instead of the wheels from bikeworldusa which are made in China. according to the web, Weinmann used to be made in Switzerland and Belguim, but is now USA based. That's enough reason for me to give them a try. Wish they had a front one with a drum brake, but can't have everything I guess.
SB

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
i cant for the life of me find freewheel wheels though. everything is coaster brake. can i install coaster brake wheels on a mountain bike and just not attach the arm?

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
yeah i've orderd a few things from them so far, and the wheels and tires and tubes are on their way, ill update the thread for future questions when they arrive. now to fit this gosh darned sprocket again, anyone have any tips for installing it? or which wheel hub adapter from pirate will work on the wheel(see 1st post for wheel link)

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
lookin to upgrade my rear wheel, and both tubes and tires. so far i have found these

wheel- Wheel Master 26x2.125, Rear, B/O, 5/6/7 Speed, H/D, Chrome, Wheel | BikepartsUSA

tubes- Pyramid 26x2.00/2.12 Presta Valve Tube | BikepartsUSA

tires- Kenda 26x2.125, Street, Black/White, 40 PSI, Tire | BikepartsUSA

i figure once i got these knobbys off and a rear wheel with a true hub and sprocket. any input on the choices?

does anyone know where i can find the non rag joint rear sprocket adapter?
So how's it going with the new wheels? I'm looking to get them for my bike which also has gears so it would need a free wheel.