New here from South Lake Tahoe, CA

GoldenMotor.com

thejo25

May 5, 2008
Hello all! I'm just getting into motor bikes and I am interested in what size motor to get. 80cc must go faster then a 50cc, right? If that is true then what is the advantage of a 50cc? Also, I read the california laws forum and it seems like its not legal unless you have a motorcycle license, but others are saying that it doesnt matter. I live in south lake tahoe and I just wonder how all of the environmental people will handle a motorized bike. Any comments would be great. Thanks.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Well I would figure an 67cc will be faster than a 49cc. (no such thing as an 80cc, that I know of). I like the slightly more torque of the "70cc" (67cc), but the 50cc revs faster, so the difference is not L4 vs. V12 difference.

Can't help you with kali laws, but, well er, environmental types HATE 2 strokes, with a PASSION.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. the difference between the 70cc and 50cc bicycle motor is tourque or pulling power. the 70cc was designed for towing or carrying weight so if like me and a little over weight the 70cc is the motor to go with. the 50cc was made for riding and cruising and not towing etc. so depends on what you want. speed wise both do about the same. glad to have you with us and hope that helps answer some of your questions
:ride2:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, here in AZ the law makers and environmental's were trying to get MB's banned. The environmentals used the aurgument that the 2-stroke were dirty. Roland at spookytooth proved them wrong by taking he's MB's to the emmision testing and passing! Well, they left us alone after that. As far as CA laws, I dont think anybody really knows. There is so many laws on the book nobody can figure them out. :ride2:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Welcome to the Board thejo25. If you haven't bought the motor yet, I recommend a 4 cycle motor from Dax since you're from the land of tree hugging enviromentalist.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
hello from reno...ive been tring to find people who are building these around here...ive had mine for 4 months now...500 miles on it...heres a few pics...have you finished yours yet...if you need help let me know...dennis

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
Welcome thejo25. You should move here to Tennessee where the environmental type all go hunting.