The oil question.

GoldenMotor.com

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
I keep asking and no one has a solid answer,seems so simple. WHAT OIL ARE PEOPLE USING? HOW MUCH? I have a hard time finding a fully synth motorcycle oil where I live I see alot of synth "blends" can I use these? would I mix the same?...Really,if you have success,tell me what you are using (80cc china kit) what are you using,how much,wher'd ya buy it?........Thanx

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've used Bel Ray MC1 full synthetic then about a year ago to save money I switched to Lucas semi- synthetic.

I started at 20:1 for break-in and used full synthetic even though some say not too.

After break in I have been running 32:1

Attachments

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
use amsoil dominator if you can get it...i find a decent alternative is Golden Spectro...its a synthetic from my local motorcycle shop.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
been using the syntech stuff from wallmart, 32-1 even at that ratio engines i've torn down show no wear and have quite a bit of oil left in the case's.
I use that in the bikes I ride myself and recommend it to the others I've built bikes for (50:1). One of mine just hit 14,000 miles and only now starting to lose compression. Also for the Rotax 2-strokes in my ultralight aircraft. Causes some of the other pilots who spend big bucks on synthetic and "special" blends to have fits. :)