saddle reccomendations for fat bottomed girl

GoldenMotor.com

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
I bought my wife to be a huffy cranbrook so she can ride with me and the saddle hurts her lady bits because the nose points up and i cant adjust it. she is a big girl at 5'9" 230lbs ( I like em big and dont care if you do or not) so she needs a wide saddle but im not sure what would be best and there arent many places around here to try in person so ill probably have to order online so what do you guys reccomend in a reasonable price range? I have already searched and the only reccomendation I found was the schwinn no pressure but reviews are mixed so im not sure that will work.

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
The Schwinn 'no pressure'. That's the weird one with no horn, right? I'd avoid it. Those things feel weird and you do not feel secure in the saddle. Though I suppose individual results will vary.

Wal-Mart sells Bell seats of a semi-cruiser type that have gel inserts where the pelvic bones come to rest. I've always liked those.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Last edited:

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
That looks comfortable, does the horn point up? That is the main issue she is having because it pushes on her lady parts, I tried it on my bike and I have to agree that it is quite painful.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I put a big Schwinn seat on bike. I call it my fat a*# seat and it is very comfortable. During OBC this weekend I was giving test rides on my Rattletrap and many commented on how comfortable the seat is.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That looks comfortable, does the horn point up? That is the main issue she is having because it pushes on her lady parts, I tried it on my bike and I have to agree that it is quite painful.
No it doesnt point up and its way more comfortable than the huffy seat, I chunked my huffy seat for the cloud 9 three years ago....

I've made 40-50 milea rides on the cloud 9 seat.... I really like it beat seats I've had so far.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I'm about 280# and I replaced my standard seat with one of these:

Feels odd at first since it doesn't lend itself to "stable" pedaling, but we really don't do much of that, do we? It turns out to be super comfortable and you quickly adjust to pedaling normally.

I should add that I went through 2 Bell big-ass seats in the past year...the big comfy looking one, but those springs and frame just don't hold up and the seat WILL fall apart. This Schwinn seat has no springs and is well secured to its frame. 6-months on, and it's holding strong.

BONUS: my lady parts thanked me!

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
What you need is a Dan Henry sling seat.

Dan Henry was one of the modern bicycling pioneers. He invented the sling seat to bring more people to the sport.

You can't buy one off the shelf. At one time a guy tried to market them under the name "Bummer".

You can however make one yourself very easily - probably why nobody was successful selling them. All you need is a old set of ram's horn type handlebars, a neck & some fabric:

Be prepared for some snide BS from a few fools, and enjoy the lawn chair ride.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Just a couple of comments; 1. I had to go to the schwin model that kiosks shows on my mt. Pedal bike, mainly because my "Man Parts" became numb after 30 minutes. Only draw back, I feel like I am constantly sliding forward. 2. Needtransportation, hope your lady doesn't read your posts, or you may become "needscounseling"

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
Nah she wont be mad, I used the nicest words I know to describe the problem and the title is a refrence to a queen song.

I guess ill check out the schwinn when I go pick up an innertube tonight and if she doesn't like it ill order the cloud 9u, thanks for the help guys.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Order her one of the wide cloud 9 seats which is what I use on all my bikea and tthey are very comfortable wide and very cushy.....

Qbout $25-$30 on ebay or amazon

I get mine from local bike shop for $28.95

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000H87PUI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1396842266&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40

Go to my photo gallery and you will see one on my white Huffy Karaoke bike, I now have them for all my bikes.

Map
Cloud Nine is the most comfortable seat to date I've come across.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Cloud Nine is the most comfortable seat to date I've come across.
Yep it is for me also and thats why I recommend them, it may look like some of the other seats, but it isn't and the memory foam makes it soft and there are no hard uncomfortable areas on the seat, the cloud 9 seat just simply conforms to the back side and makes the bumps and vibes less felt.

I've got four of them and haven't found another seat that matches the comfort yet, I've tried the gel seats and the soft Schwinn seats and the thick gel type Bell seats as well as several factory seats and the particular cloud 9 seats I use which is the one I posted the link too beats them all hands down in my opinion.

Map
.wee.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I vote for Cloud9 as well. Mine is the most comfortable seat I have ever owned.
After reading Paul's testimony, I am considering getting Thudbuster seat post as well.
The end result would be super comfy.
Paul's testimony found Here

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
What you need is a Dan Henry sling seat.

Dan Henry was one of the modern bicycling pioneers. He invented the sling seat to bring more people to the sport.

You can't buy one off the shelf. At one time a guy tried to market them under the name "Bummer".

You can however make one yourself very easily - probably why nobody was successful selling them. All you need is a old set of ram's horn type handlebars, a neck & some fabric:

Be prepared for some snide BS from a few fools, and enjoy the lawn chair ride.
That is cool. Would be really comfortable and look awesome on vintage looking build.