bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I would disagree- I ride newer lighter weight cruisers and I haven't had any problems . Of course, my bikes are a large part of my TRANSPORTATION, so I treat them with respect, and never thrash them.

I think it helps though to think of bikes more as the sum of their components- because once you get into the motorized bicycle scene, you'll probably want to change stuff around anyway.

To me cycling has always been very simple and I base it on one principle- How to get from point A to Point B with the least effort.

You can tell I'm not a custom builder- and I don't try to make the motorized bicycle look or behave like a motorcycle. I want a great roll and a light bike first of all. I still want a bike that pedals easily, even with the motor on.

the same principles that apply to a Less-Than-A-Horsepower cyclist apply very nicely to the small motors we are working with.

While bike racing has only gotten more extreme and exotic since I retired in 1984, I very much try to balance a practical working strength with the motors and gearing. It's worked very well, especially here in Florida where the roads are flat and smooth.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Old and new...... never had a failure yet, the older bikes have better frames, the newer bikes have better components like V Brakes and some of the wheels.

No matter what bike you have, if it isn't built right it will be unreliable and can be unsafe.
Map

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just build something that touches your soul.......if it does that, why worry about what others think?

Some people can take a cheap bike and make it a lifetime, servicable vehicle. Some people can take the finest craft-made bike and destroy it in short order........it's all up to you.

Good luck with your future build!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just build something that touches your soul.......if it does that, why worry about what others think?

Some people can take a cheap bike and make it a lifetime, servicable vehicle. Some people can take the finest craft-made bike and destroy it in short order........it's all up to you.

Good luck with your future build!
DITTO......!.wee.