Whizzer motor vs huasheng 49 cc

GoldenMotor.com

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Can anyone who has used both motors compare and contrast the 2? I understand the whizzer motor is of much better quality, larger size and easier oil change lol, but anything other than that?

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
That's comparing apples to a gooseberry. The whizzer is far
superior in every respect but fuel consumption. The Hua Sheng
gets better milage when it's running that is.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
AFAIK, the quality of the whizzer engine depends on when and where it was made
(usa/old vs taiwan/new)

even though I don't use it anymore, I never had an issue with my HS ;)

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I've never had a Whizzer engine, but I know quite a few who've had one. I almost bought a new one in 2010 for my bike, but research dissuaded me.
Instead, I bought a Huasheng. Since August 2010 I've put ~6K miles on it and have had zero engine mechanical problems. Just a couple gummed carburetors.

The Whizzer engine has more torque and much more potential horsepower. It's also considerably more expensive. It will likely need work to keep running.

The Huasheng is cheaper and will tend to be more reliable - it's a utility engine, made to run all day long. Whizzer engines can be very reliable with a bit of work.

4stroker

Apr 7, 2013
Wisconsin
Hi folks I feel the need to weigh in here (no fat jokes please)

I,m on my second year and 1500 miles with no problems on GS. Double what I was getting on China girls.

They use a splash oil system so they do not like to be run at max rpm. My bike is geared so that 30 mph is max rpm for the motor so i can cruse at 25 all day long. I also recomend synthetic oil, im using Amsoil 10-30 automotive.

I have had no starting issues what so ever never more than 2 pulls. I find the carburation to be spot on once the air screw is adjusted correctly after breakin. Oh,,, I am running stock exaust and air cleaner. These after market pipes and cute looking air cleaners require rejetting that most people don't do and I suspect that is the reason for bad running engines.

Final note, ADJUST THOSE VALVES!

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
\./,there has been a lot of myths about whizzer motors, about quality control, i think it's been more about damage control (bad).
i have the vintage and new edition motors, WC-1's, NE kits, NE-R,i sent out my info back in 2007.
If you decide whizzer i've got extra parts if you need, just need to swap back what i send you if your happy with it.

Ray

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
im planning on running a HS 49cc on my btr build, but i also have a '97 whizzer bike (maybe use the engine and transmission off of it?) that i got in a trade. its in rough shape and will need some restoring. it does run, but no more than ~32 mph on flat

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
im planning on running a HS 49cc on my btr build, but i also have a '97 whizzer bike (maybe use the engine and transmission off of it?) that i got in a trade. its in rough shape and will need some restoring. it does run, but no more than ~32 mph on flat
My offer still stands, go to the whizzer forum when your ready!
Also www.whizzerusa.com has lots of stuff for us give them a call, other www.woodstockwhizzer.com has the complete top end, i think.

Is it the black 26" wheel WC-1? WC-1 stands for Whizzer Classic-1
I cut my teeth on this one.

Ray

Attachments

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
yes its a wc-1

i decided to keep my whizzer as a criser and restore it later on, i will be using a hua sheng 49 cc on my BTR build.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
as soon as i finish my BTR i will start the whizzer restoration. ill definitely try to make it look more vintage, the guy who had it before me stripped off all the cool lights and gadgets anyway