new from new york need help!

GoldenMotor.com

Jampac93

Sep 7, 2010
New York
hi guys, my name is John, i am new to the forums, and would love some needed advice from experienced builders. here's my back story. if you want to skip to helping me, (THANK YOU) just skip down.

hi, i live in Syracuse new york, I'm 15, (don't act it) and have an obsession for motorsports. i have had dirt bikes, and LOVE them. now, i built a motorized bicycle back almost 2 years ago by myself, and loved it. the kit was a jet 66/80 from zone8cyclng. i was the coolest 7th grader in the school. LOL. however, i did a terrible job with the build, and a few moths later, i broke my ankle, and another bone in my foot, and was in bed for weeks, crutches for months. i even had to get surgery, when it wouldn't heal right! now im fianlly better, and want to do it all again!

SKIP TO HERE

so, what i want to do is do a Schwinn chopper build. Wednesday, i am buying an XL Schwinn chopper, MINT condition, for 50 bucks. yes i said 50!!! the only problem it has, is very minor rust on the front forks (removable, i just don't know how, and the hand grips are ripped (which i wont need anyways) now, i need EVERYTHING else.

IF U KNOW ANYTHING THAT WOULD HELP WITH WHAT I NEED, PLEASE REPLY
-the best
2 stroke motor kit for under 200 and link to it (thinking grubee..?)
-best motor mount for Schwinn choppers on eBay and link
-best muffler if they even make one for the XL Schwinn choppers
-headlight and blinkers link?
-maybe smaller rear sprocket if you think ill need it
-better chain if needed?
-HELP, ADVICE, AND TIPS PLEASE.

I'm really excited for this build, and would like some honest criticism, advice, help, and to meet a group of cool guys. thanks so much for reading all of this. hope to get some replies!

usflg

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
First, welcome to the forum, your in for a ride.

Do lots of searching and searching, you'll find what you need you just have to look. :)