what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Not my bike;
A friend of a friend paid $500 for this gasbike to be built. There were problems of some sort: another $200. Again, problems: another $100.
I told him to cut it out and gimmie. So far, I haven't done much but change the spark plug boot. What a wreck this thing is. The gas/oil was mostly oil, the carb is busted, etc etc. I'll get it right.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Blew another woodruff key. This time on the chain drive gear. Can i get this welded on? Will it mess stuff up if i ever have to take it apart?
Bummer, that shouldn't happen if the taper is right on the shaft and it is torqued down well. Usually, with enough torque, the taper will hold it well without a key.

Makes me wonder if someone at factory grabbed a clutch & sprocket with wrong taper for that shaft.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Not my bike;
A friend of a friend paid $500 for this gasbike to be built. There were problems of some sort: another $200. Again, problems: another $100.
I told him to cut it out and gimmie. So far, I haven't done much but change the spark plug boot. What a wreck this thing is. The gas/oil was mostly oil, the carb is busted, etc etc. I'll get it right.
Any suggestions?
Chunk the CNS carb and get either a regular NT carb or if its in the budget to get a nice upgrade that will really make a difference in throttle response and low to mid power get an RT carb and cable from Dax and a shorty Manic port matched intake is a nice addition also.

looks like just a little cleaning up and tuning should have that bike on the road in no time, best wishes.

Map .wee.

Sister Bike

Nov 10, 2013
Michigan
Pull start snapped today. I have a Pocket Bike Motor. I love it. Anybody want to race? Motors off. Conventional 2 cycle Chinese Motorized Bike Motors make your pedal bike into a difficult tank to pedal. Almost 0 resistance to pedal with the Pocket Bike Motor. I am marketing mounting kits this month. Watch for them.
Peace,
Sister Bike Company

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Pull start snapped today. I have a Pocket Bike Motor. I love it. Anybody want to race? Motors off. Conventional 2 cycle Chinese Motorized Bike Motors make your pedal bike into a difficult tank to pedal. Almost 0 resistance to pedal with the Pocket Bike Motor. I am marketing mounting kits this month. Watch for them.
Peace,
Sister Bike Company
I'm interested......... and I'll be watching in the swap and shop area which is where I suppose you will list what you are doing.

Map
reddd

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Finished installing the new snake pipe today and took her out test run and comparison to the sick bike parts chamber. The Snake Pipe is like Anaconda, OOOOOWWWWWEEEEEE instant full range increase of power to the tune of like 30 percent more Unbelievable. Its like I put my Fred Tight case racing engine on . Simply phenomenal, no engine I ever ran , runs like this.I'll go as to say no more SBP chambers for this streetracer. As fast this engine rev one time out I know it'll kiss 9500+ , it was getting dark and I don't have Dash lights YET!
dnut

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Finished installing the new snake pipe today and took her out test run and comparison to the sick bike parts chamber. The Snake Pipe is like Anaconda, OOOOOWWWWWEEEEEE instant full range increase of power to the tune of like 30 percent more Unbelievable. Its like I put my Fred Tight case racing engine on . Simply phenomenal, no engine I ever ran , runs like this.I'll go as to say no more SBP chambers for this streetracer. As fast this engine rev one time out I know it'll kiss 9500+ , it was getting dark and I don't have Dash lights YET!
dnut
Wow... tha sound pretty impressive HD, just imagine what it will be like on the Fred engine.....!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
To all- Be advised- I preach the second amendment without federal permission, quote the Bible without shame and play an unregistered banjo! Yer durn tootin' I'm clinging to my guns and Bible- they happen to be covered in the first and second amendments of what the liberals consider 'That old piece of paper'...
Not sure how we got on this subject but since we are Id like to add a few hard facts!! Here is the real reason they want our guns folks!!

AMERICA 'S HUNTERS ---
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

(That’s more men under arms than in Iran . More than France and Germany combined. )

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms,
and NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's illions more.

________ The point? _______________________________________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower!

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.

It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens???
For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

P.S. how much was the Snake pipe H.D.?

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
dnut
That is great news! For now I'll have to stick with the SBP pipe, I cant imagine what Arrow would ask for that snake pipe if they ever sold it separately. Oh and you might want to invest in some more tires, I have a feeling you'll be going through some rear rubber pretty quick!
dnut

Dan.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Right on SGT, & Map!! you know what pisses me off are the ones who say.."Oh that was written 200 years ago it doesn't apply today" They are not concerned for the "public safety " as they preach they are concerned for their own safety when folks figure them out for what they really are

That pure BS it applies more today than it did back then. They want to try to ban all private gun ownership because they know when we find out just how bad they have been screwing us they know what next and the only way to prevent that from happening is to try to disarm the citizen.

A Selectman at a local town meeting around here suggested having the police do "random inspections " to make sure gun owners have their guns locked away properly . When asked why don't they do that to the illegal gun owners they said and I quote "You cant expect us to go busting down every door of people we think might illegally has a gun do you?"

The guy said no I guess you will only kick in the doors of the folks you know have them legally right..the room cheered the citizen speaking. and the selectman well... he had nothing to say after that.

I can not or, will not rather... go to the town meetings anymore I'm afraid of how I will react if they try to silence me like they do so many who don't agree with them & that would get ugly real fast !

!.flg.

Right on Brother...................................!

so many seem to froget the phrase that means the most in America and what made it great.

'"We the People"

Not we the government...!

"And thats all I got-ta say about thay-yat"

.flg.

Peace, Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Map. Will do.

Trey
Trey, you're very welcome

An NT carb with a main jet soldered up and redrilled with either a #73 or #72 wire gauge bit has always worked great for me here at 1242Ft above sea level where I live, I always try to run an exhaust that flows very good, they are loud but its either loud and power or quiet and slow, personally I prefer Fast and Loud over slow and quiet.
Fast and Quite would be nice but I have never been able to make that happen with any of my china girls or any other small engine I have ever built for that matter, 4 smokers and 2 smokers.

Heres a good deal on a NT speed carb if the RT is a bit more than you want to spend at this time, in my opinion the RT is the best as far as response and low end power increase, but I have had excellent results with the NT carbs and have had my bike running well over 40MPH with the little NT carb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48cc-gas-Mo...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258400f757

Map .wee.

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I rode to the postoffice and shipped more cdis and then I'd planed on making a speed run but it was just to cold to run that hard today. I didn't buy it from Arrow Dan. JNMotors sell it also but it requires major mods and welding. But its worth it!!!!

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I rode to the postoffice and shipped more cdis and then I'd planed on making a speed run but it was just to cold to run that hard today. I didn't buy it from Arrow Dan. JNMotors sell it also but it requires major mods and welding. But its worth it!!!!
Thanks! I don't weld but have friends that do :) Actually Im going to have them teach me over the winter hopefully to get some welding skills back. Heck last time I welded was in High School lol.

Which motor did you get? I placed a thread in the Heads and cylinder section about possibly trying Arrows "Big Block" power cylinder combo, looks like the ticket but what do I know lol. I have the ability to port but I cant notch out a cylinder like that.

Or did you get a Fred motor? Geez Im forgetful. rogergendron1 made a couple good comments about it but if you have that cylinder Id care to know what you think.

So many choices, so little money....lol.

Dan.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
How much do you sell the cdi's for?

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Picked up some cool looking bars for a couple bucks and tried them on last night and took it for a ride this morning. It feels good but I need more than a 5 minute ride to really comment. These bars are just ever so slightly thinner than the throttle, brake and clutch can squeeze down to so I added some white medical tape temporarily to get them to clamp down. I also added a washer by the clutch stem to reduce the rattle.

Dan.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Sadly, I took Dorathy for a final ride then emptied the tank and drained the carb.

With the colder weather and my job in retail, the windows of opportunity and good weather won't intersect much until spring.